What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of our exciting journey taking DAZN, the global platform for live- and on-demand sports, to the next level and are hungry to drive subscriber growth and retention for DAZN in Spain?
As a key member of the marketing subscription team in Spain, you will be accountable to maximize and optimize subscriber growth, revenue and retention across all direct acquisition & own channels platform in the country.
This is a senior role working transversally and in matrix with all marketing local team functions, being paid media, campaigns, CRM, partners and retail. Locally you will interact weekly with Finance and Content/Platform functions, and globally you will also collaborate across various product and subscription teams to achieve our objectives and plans.
The candidate needs to be comfortable with being accountable for overall growth and optimization without being responsible for strategy and execution of every growth lever given they partly sit in different teams, mainly local but also global. This is a highly analytical and commercial role requiring a very driven and energetic individual who is able to influence other teams without the need of a direct reporting line.
You will have and share with your Marketing SVP a unique transversal view of the business, planning and performance, and product deliverables in order to be able to give clear fact based directions, proposals on where and how build incremental business, via CRO levers, landing strategy, digital media plan optimization, platform merchandising, consumer journeys, overall offers and promo strategies for both new subs, retention & partners.
This role will be based in our Madrid office. Benefits include access to DAZN, annual performance-related bonus, lunch vouchers, refer a friend scheme, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for hybrid working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
We would be grateful if you could apply with your CV in English.
As our new Trading Performance and Optimization Senior Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Main areas of responsibility:
- - Landing pages & sign-up funnels optimization across all direct traffic doors to DAZN with the Product Team
- - Acquisition Media optimization for maximum growth in collaboration with the global acquisition media teams and local media.
- - Leverage promotional offers balancing volumes and ARPU for maximum commercial success (especially in retention strategy and planning but also direct and brand partners)
- - Platform customer journeys optimization to drive conversion and retention
- - Platform merchandising business oriented optimization
- - CRM specific offers strategy
- - Partners Activation Journey optimization
- Main idea being to look for optimization opportunities, communicate with specific functions teams and build together overall planning and follow up implementation
- Specifically, become accountable for below KPIs in the region:
- - Funnel Conversion Rate and it’s optimization
- - Subscriber acquisition volume (new & returning), ARPU and revenue growth
- - ROAS - Return on ad spend (new and returning customer revenue)
- - Spend efficiency/ Total Media CPA
- - Platform business growth KPIs (upsell, crossgrade)
- - Indirects activation rate
- Decide on strategies & investment, set priorities, track execution, and measure commercial success across all levers which impact customer acquisition & retention success.
- In collaboration with local finance and the SVP Subscription, input into cost and revenue part of local subscription budget including budget setting and forecasting.
- Embed research and analytics tools within the day to day activities of local and central marketing functions.
- Lead cross functional teams across central marketing, local marketing, partnerships and finance to provide a consistent view on performance and opportunities for improvement
- Liaise with finance to maintain an accurate forecast of performance and investments for up to 12 months for each market.
- Act as the key point of contact for marketing performance within your market.
- Use data to develop insights and identify opportunities for performance improvement
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- +7 years’ experience in a B2C/tech environment, business intelligence, strategy, conversion optimization, analytics, digital/OTT, mobile, media, entertainment.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proven success in delivering continuous optimization sign up funnel, consumer journeys, retention offers and capabilities and performance marketing that drives measurable commercial impact
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, and collaborative international environment
- Demonstrated experience managing a considerable multi-million budget
- Tech and data savvy individual, being highly numerate and data driven within any decision marking, including having the confidence to work with and contribute to attribution, ROAS, econometrics, and incrementality studies
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and teams in central functions to support the local market’s objectives.
- Comfortable translating analytical outputs in marketing actions
Even better if you have:
- Worked in a pure play digital subscription based business
- Experience using econometrics and other advanced media measurement outputs for planning
- Experience acting as a bridge between marketing and finance functions for planning and budgeting purposes
- Excellence in international stakeholder management – at DAZN, you’ll work in a multinational matrix organisation
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.