What's your new role about?
As a Bookings Team Leader, you will work within Broadcast Services and be responsible for coordinating the team activities for the signal acquisition & distribution facilities for 40,000 + live events each year.
You will be passionate about sport & live broadcast, with previous experience of working in a demanding operational environment. Our work is critical in ensuring that our live global 24/7 MCR, PCR & TX team/s have every small element required to successfully broadcast every second of sporting content to all our consumers.
You will be responsible for allocating the workload, developing your staff, choosing the correct & most efficient method for all broadcast bookings made across the business.
You’ll need to quickly understand the requirements needed to deliver content to multiple products at the same time, without jeopardising any output. At the same time, understand how our global infrastructure comes together so you can bring video signals in, direct them to local production centres and distribute as applicable.
We use ScheduALL scheduling system for all our device allocation, capacity planning and cost tracking. You will require you to work evenings, public holidays and weekends on a shift basis.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Creating and updating the rota to meet schedule requirements
- Management of team members and allocation of workload
- Forward planning of resources against sports schedule
- Development of staff to meet agreed personal and organisational goals
- Escalation point for operational issues
- Scheduling of events within ScheduALL with correct TX timings & technical device allocation
- Liaising with key external & internal stakeholders to obtain required information for successful event delivery
- Managing daily workloads and responsibility with other team members
- Policing adherence to best practice within team
- Overseeing training new starters
- Demonstrable expertise in systems or subject matter
- Clear and precise documentation, detailing end to end workflows and process
- Tracking ingest costs & highlighting overspends
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Excellent motivator with postive outlook
- Clear communication with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to work well within a team and have a team attitude
- Highly organized with a methodological approach to work
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to hit tight deadlines
- Open to change and new workflows
- Ability to multitask
- Professional attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Previous use of ScheduALL or a similar scheduling system.
- Knowledge of accessing video via IP, satellite & fibre.
- Management of a small team.
- Experience as a subject matter expert
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Experience of working in a high pressure, tight deadline, production or transmission environment.
- Department: Bookings
- Internal Job Title: Bookings Team Leader
- Reports To (title): Bookings Team Manager
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Feltham, UK
- Hours of Work: Mon- Sun, 37.5 hours
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.