What's your new role about?
DAZN is rapidly growing its capabilities in the anti-piracy & brand protection area and is looking for an experienced senior manager to lead the creation, execution and ongoing management of its content protection strategy and operations.
Reporting to the EVP Performance and Delivery your role will be to lead the transformation of the Revenue Protection functions within DAZN to create an industry leading, highly effective technical and operational business unit to address the dual threats of Piracy and Subscription Fraud.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver an ever-evolving strategic vision for revenue protection; working collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple functions within the business from technology, operations and commercial.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Developing and Executing DAZN’s anti-piracy strategy and leading DAZN’s internal SME group (the ‘Revenue Protection Unit’) stretching your focus across key business areas including Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance and Commercial
- Coordination of live management of DAZN’s anti-piracy operation over major event periods including Tentpole boxing events; ensuring effective processes are in place to deal with the threat of piracy in real-time.
- Reviewing Industry advancements and standards and ensuring DAZN’s anti-piracy and anti fraud strategy is revised in line with internal and external expectations and opportunities. Including creation of business cases to assess additional resource and funding requirements to maximise DAZN’s anti-piracy and anti fraud capabilities.
- Providing regular quantitative reports to the Group Exco illustrating volumes and key trends relating to threats to DAZN’s sources of revenue.
- Coordination with Key Rights holders, and where appropriate licensees of DAZN content, to ensure robust measures are in place that exceed the minimum requirements, with robust and regular reporting against these.
- Attending and representing DAZN in key industry events and assisting where appropriate DAZN leadership lobbying functions and with regulatory bodies
- Your role will be essential in transforming DAZN into a technologically and operationally advanced OTT broadcaster with respect to anti-piracy and content protection. You will act as a linchpin within the operations team, dealing with all things anti-piracy and providing regular information/reports to executive management. Your management team will rely on you to act as a continual conduit of information and activity, enabling the execution and continual optimisation of DAZN’s anti-piracy strategy.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum five years’ experience in implementation of content protection measures within – ideally within Sports Broadcaster, Rights Holder or OTT environment
- Quantitatively demonstrable, track record of success in delivery of revenue/content protection strategies
- Proven leadership abilities supported by demonstrated track record of management in a rapid growth business
- Clear understanding of the technical and operational workflows/processes involved in running an effective anti-piracy operation
- Proven ability to transformation within a fast-paced business environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated experience driving continuous improvement in technology operations.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Passion and knowledge of sports media and new media industries
- Experience in digital video streaming
- Experience managing budgets and operations within a B2C business
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- You will have access to the Perform/DAZN online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. If you fancy a move abroad, Perform are currently seeking the best talent in the world. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.