What's your new role about?
For 30 years, fans have watched sport in the same way. Life has changed. But sports television has not. At DAZN, we think there is a better way. We let customers watch their favourite sports wherever they are, whenever they wish and however they want. On any device. At any time. All for a transparent and affordable fee and no long-term contract.
Our business isn’t like many others. And our People function isn’t either!
We have a strong People Team foundation, and yet, we are at the beginning in our quest to build scalable, high quality people experiences, of which you will play an integral part. In this role, you’ll foster change and enable our people services function to better support our business by delivering on our key people initiatives.
The People Services Partner will be a key member and contributor to the People strategy and People Services department. As the backbone of our People Function, the People Services team is in the process of transforming their operating model with the goal of globally standardising processes and initiatives wherever possible. In this role, you will be introducing new technologies and procedures whilst revising existing polices and SLAs with the aim of delivering high quality people processes and provide a world-class employee service.
You’ll enjoy driving forward the effective co-ordination and management of the People Operations team and would in turn get to collaborate with our HR colleagues across the globe. With your strong leadership skills and your confidence in working within in a fast-paced and detail orientated People Services function you’ll stand out to us. You will be someone keen to jump in and getting your hands dirty and ideally won’t be afraid to get immersed in UK employment law topics or the ins and outs of our HR systems Oracle, Service Now and Lever ATS.
As well as being a data driven, analytical thinker; you will love to think strategically, have a knack for process improvement and focus on operational delivery. This is an exciting time to join DAZN and will suit anyone looking to make an impact from day 1.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for driving operational excellence and compliance across all core people processes
- Lead, coach and develop the People Operations Team
- Supporting key processes such as the management of queries to service delivery standards, applying shared service model principles
- Support with employee relations cases while upskilling and coaching the People Operations team
- Oversee the management of employee queries, driving efficiency and effectiveness where appropriate
- People lead on the Global Policy Committee and responsible for reviewing and updating all people policies
- Supporting with projects as required such as global transformation and change programmes
- Drive efficiency, effectiveness and compliance by reviewing the need for KPIs/SLAs to measure success
- Making suggestions and taking actions for process improvements where required
- Overseeing all BAU HR supplier contracts and relationships, ensuring they are reviewed and procured effectively
- Working closely with all other People departments ensuring smooth delivery of the people agenda
- Ensuring data is the heart of decision making, providing data, analytics and insights where required
- Supporting key processes related to all aspects of the employee lifecycle, not limited to; onboarding, offboarding, right to work, global mobility, employee relations to name a few
- Ensuring data and legal compliance in everything we do
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A broad understanding of different aspects of HR, including a good grasp of employment law and the ability to use information and analysis to create and deliver appropriate strategic people services plans
- Experience in managing a People Service / HR Shared Service function
- Completed project-based work around mapping workflows, improving SLAs and implementing new HR systems
- Demonstrable success in influencing business stakeholders at a management level to adopt appropriate HR strategies that support the people agenda, using a variety of influencing styles
- Customer driven, collaborative with a hands-on approach and the proven ability of identifying pragmatic business focused solutions to problems whilst recognising risks and implications of suggested actions
- Deep knowledge of UK employment law
- Strong Business acumen
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Extensive experience in leading the People Services team
- Working in a fast paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Experience working in a rapid growth or fast scale up business
- Initial exposure to working with other regions and under their specific employment legislation
- Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
- Reports To (title): SVP People, Global People Services and Delivery
- Country and Location: London, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.