What's your new role about?
This is a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to take on an exciting and fast-paced team leadership role. You will join a group of technical systems engineers and will be responsible for ensuring best practice delivery of the team’s projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with a strong infrastructure background wishing to lead a team of engineers in applying DevOps principles on digital transformation projects and programmes which seek to achieve technology best practice and a scale and deployment model structured around faster time to market and supporting the business and development teams in providing a highly available and scalable hybrid cloud environment.
Technical Skills - Must Haves
- Familiarity with a configuration management tool (preferably Ansible)
- Understanding of Linux operating systems (preferably RHEL/CentOS)
- In-depth skills with scripting languages (bash, awk, sed, perl, python)
- Systems Administrator exposure to virtualisation technologies (preferably Xen)
- General knowledge of infrastructure components such as DNS, MQ, Databases, Cache servers, Networks (VLAN, Routing, Transport layer protocols, HTTP, SMTP)
Technical Skills - Nice to Have
- OpenStack and VMWare exposure
- Load balancer/Clustering knowledge
Experience - Must Haves
- IT experience in a systems engineering or administrator capacity
- Worked in project-oriented environment
- Configuration management at scale for Linux environments
- Proven track record of solution design
Experience - Nice to have
- Experience in working with DevOps teams and processes
- Project delivery through AGILE framework
Behaviours - Must Haves
- Possesses a ‘can do’ attitude
- Not afraid to ask questions and learn
- Good communication skills
- Team player, willing to help and mentor others
Behaviours - Nice to Have
- Passionate about technology
- Open minded, not tied to schemas
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We also have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruit throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com