What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users on a daily basis?
DAZN Player is the industry leading sports video on demand platform, reaching over 120 million sports fans a month. The unique distribution model provides high quality video content through a network of more than 2,000 of the world’s big-name publishers (including GOAL, MSN, The independent, Mail Online, Match en direct and many others).
Dedicated to sport, DAZN Player enables publisher websites to add contextually relevant sports videos to their editorial, boosting engagement and duration on site. Advertisers are able to reach their audience across multiple channels and build quality sports propositions from raw content.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in launching successful customer-facing services, solid communication skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment and a passion for building a world-class entertainment experience.
You will gain great experience in delivering video through applications and devices.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles.
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms.
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in Java Development: Practical knowledge of Java 8 language including constructions, data structures, generic types
- Practical knowledge of Spring Framework, understanding key concepts, common annotations, configuration issues
- Experience with multi-threaded programming with Java 8/real time computing
- Practical knowledge of REST API (requests, methods) and usage with Spring
- Experience in developing Spring MVC/Spring Boot applications
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of Spring Integration and enterprise integration patterns
- Knowledge of Spring Cloud
- Knowledge of SQL (CRUD operations, joins, DDL)
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Knowledge of JPA/Hibernate/Spring Data (mappings, modelling class inheritance)
- Experience with Oracle database
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/