What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users on a daily basis?
The DAZN Player is the industry-leading ad-funded sports video on demand platform, reaching over 128 million sports fans every month. The unique distribution model provides high-quality video content, including the newly launched DAZN as a key rights holder, to a network of more than 2,000 of the world's big-name publishers (including Goal, MSN, Mail Online, Mainichi, Sporting News and many others).
Dedicated to sport, DAZN Player enables publisher websites to add contextually relevant sports videos to their editorial, boosting engagement and duration on site. Advertisers are able to reach their audience across multiple channels and build quality sports propositions from raw content.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in launching successful customer-facing services, solid communication skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced agile environment and a passion for building a world-class entertainment experience.
You will gain great experience in delivering video through applications and devices.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies.
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms.
- Monitor system performance and resolve any issues or failures in staging or production environments.
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in Java Development: practical knowledge of Java 8+/Kotlin language including constructions, data structures, generic types
- Practical knowledge of Spring Framework, understanding key concepts, common annotations, configuration issues
- Experience with multi-threaded programming with Java 8/real time computing
- Practical knowledge of REST API
- Experience in developing Spring Boot applications
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of Spring Integration and enterprise integration patterns
- Knowledge of SQL (CRUD operations, joins, DDL)
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.