What's your new role about?
As a software engineer in the Content Discovery backend team, you will be working on the beating heart of the DAZN application itself – the API services powering all content discovery services for our front-end applications across all platforms.
You'll be driven by the challenge of building and maintaining services used by millions of people at once. Services which need to scale from a couple of thousands to millions of concurrent users in a matter of minutes. You will work closely with the Product team to create solutions to deliver new and exciting features.
This is a great opportunity to develop within a supportive, collaborative team who are always learning from each other and adopt continuous improvement. We're inclusive and encourage everyone to bring their ideas to the table. The team is currently based in Hammersmith, London however we're flexible on your location but ideally, you'll be willing to travel to the Hammersmith office for learning, team meetings and occasional team social events.
Your role will have a hybrid approach.
Benefits include a bonus scheme, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical & life insurance, pension contributions up to 5%, team meals & dinner vouchers, conference sponsorships, accreditation support, access to a wide variety of learning resources and more.
Our Tech Stack:
· AWS: ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis & Aurora-Postgres
· New Relic
· Github Actions
As our new Backend Software Engineer you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build and maintain scalable microservices, handling thousands of requests per second serving millions of customers
- Build and design features collaboratively with Product Managers, and other Software Engineers
- Own the development, testing, deployment and monitoring of our services end to end
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in building microservices
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Functions as a Service (AWS Lambda/GCP Cloud Functions/Azure Functions)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Ability to write testable software
- Ability to take ideas through to delivery
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Experience with Terraform (or any IaC tool)
- Experience with maintaining and operating services at high-scale
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Contributed to open-source projects
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.