What's your new role about?
Are you a senior commercial finance professional keen to get involved with Italy’s largest sports streaming service? Are you ready to help play a critical role in the continued expansion of DAZN? How do you fancy your next career move as the key finance partner for the Regional Executive Vice President of Southern Europe?
Based from Milan, you will lead the Regional Finance team and be primarily responsible for managing the financial performance of the region, enabling effective decision making across the P&L.
Our unique product with leading sports rights includes 10 matches per week of Serie A (7 exclusive) along with Serie B, La Liga, Moto GP and other great sports.
We are already changing the way fans consume sport. Why not come and help us change the way we do finance?
Benefits include access to DAZN, annual performance-related bonus, lunch vouchers, free coffee and snacks, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Head of Finance, you will have the opportunity to
- Own the P&L for Italy - including managing opportunities, risks and trade offs in order to ensure the business remains within the parameters of its long term plan
- Be a key member of DAZN’s regional management team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play a leading role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all areas of the regional P&L
- Prepare regional quarterly forecasts and annual budgets (including challenging / obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs & KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers & reporting / interpreting results
- Be the finance owner & regional expert on all commercial contracts, large scale distribution deals and rights agreements
- Prepare & present monthly financial reviews for regional and central stakeholders, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights
- Prepare board and management presentations that include a holistic overview of financial performance
- Influence and assist regional management with respect to evaluating, negotiating and contracting new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- Play a lead role in the establishment and maintenance of a strong culture of governance and control across the business
- Collaborate with the Revenue Planning team in modelling pricing, proposition and offers
- Work closely with Group Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance / other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management and provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet)
- Be the key point of contact on local Italian tax, governance & reporting requirements, working closely with global tax and legal teams
You will be set up for success if you have:
- Fluent language skills in English and Italian
- Experience operating in senior finance positions and qualified (i.e. chartered, certified or equivalent)
- Experience working within a global consumer-focused high-growth, tech or media organisation
- Experience partnering with senior executives on key strategic decisions, for example influencing major partner deal negotiations or product pricing recommendations
- Proven ability to thrive in multifaceted environment under short timelines and changing priorities
- Proven experience of leading a team of ambitious finance analysts / business partners to deliver effective business partnering to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including marketing, partnerships, content & data analytics
- Excellent financial modelling, quantitative & data analysis skills
- Awareness & understanding of off and on-line marketing methodologies
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.