What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 9 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil. Since we launched 3 years ago we have streamed more than 300 million hours of content!
We are looking for experienced engineers to join our Cloud Engineering Team, who are passionate about making the best use of AWS services and building scalable systems
The Cloud Engineering team sit alongside the Developer Experience and SRE teams. We are responsible for all of our cloud infrastructure from account provisioning through containers all the way to fully monitored ECS clusters. We build tools to automate everything and make life easier for everyone (including ourselves!)
Our main tech stack includes Golang, git, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Lambda, and much more, always evolving.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Build and support our AWS platform
- Develop tools to reduce toil, automate tasks
- Develop IaC accelerators to get our developers online quickly
- Design DAZN's future cloud architecture, K8s? sure, Kafka? let’s do it! Hybrid cloud... maybe
- Review planned application architectures
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Know AWS like the back of your hand
- Terraform ninja, you should dream in HCL
- A deep understanding of containerised deployments and lambda-based architecture patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Experience with event-driven / asynchronous architectures
- Know how to learn, know how to teach.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Experience with Golang, other statically typed languages are available.
- Experience optimising for high concurrency
- Understanding of live broadcast technologies is a massive advantage
- Worked on large scale web applications
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.