What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in various markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (plus many more!).
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our software engineers continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We’re an active part of the technology community and put a strong focus on innovation.
Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings.
This role is based in Hyderabad, India.
We are looking for a talented, motivated Team Lead who will be responsible for leading the development of our forthcoming user engagement
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of this role, you will the opportunity to:
- Set goals and priorities for your engineering team.
- Get involved with every step of a product's lifecycle.
- Creating a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through quality and on-time delivery.
- Recruiting and inducting new members of your team.
- Support and mentor other developers and team members with their day-to-day work.
- Manage day-to-day operations, such as code reviews, testing, and bug triage.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as product management and delivery, to ensure that development work is aligned with business
- goals & needs.
You will be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in software engineering, with a deep understanding of modern software development practices and technologies with hands-on
- Experience as a software engineer. for 5-8 years
- A commitment to continuous learning and improvement, with a desire to stay up to date on the latest developments in technology and
- software engineering.
- At least 1 year experience of leading a team, including line management.
- At least 1 year in an official Senior Software Engineer role.
- Knowledge of differences between browsers.
- Familiarity with modern web development tools and practices, such as latest version of ES, MobX, AWS, Serverless, Microservices,
- GraphQL, Docker, New Relic, Webpack.
- Proven ability to design, develop, test, and deploy high-quality, scalable software solutions.
- Good to have experience in cross-platform development.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.