What's your new role about?
As a Software Development Team Leader at DAZN you will inspire and enable your team to achieve high performing culture. You will have experience of adding value to software development projects in Agile environments and be empowered to make delivery-focused decisions. You will monitor the project budget and ensure projects are successfully handed over to support teams. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes. You will have an interest and aptitude in the technology of the teams, adding value per agile principles. You will be a proven coach and mentor, able to set SMART goals to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole department as part of community-based sharing groups. This is a fast-paced agile environment with a focus on scrum team accountability.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Making delivery-focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Work closely with Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure the high-quality delivery process
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Ensuring our products are successfully handed over to support teams
- Monitor the team budget
- Recruitment and induction
- Championing community-based discussions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in managing engineers
- Experience working in software development as either a Developer or Tester
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Demonstrable experience of growing team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Previous experience project managing
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge and experience in Management 3.0 practices
- Experience of release level planning
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.