What's your new role about?
As a Software Development Team Leader at DAZN you will inspire and enable your team to achieve high performing culture. You will have experience of adding value to software development projects in Agile environments and be empowered to make delivery-focused decisions. You will monitor the project budget and ensure projects are successfully handed over to support teams. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes. You will have an interest and aptitude in the technology of the teams, adding value per agile principles. You will be a proven coach and mentor, able to set SMART goals to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole department as part of community-based sharing groups. This is a fast-paced agile environment with a focus on scrum team accountability.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Making delivery-focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Work closely with Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure the high-quality delivery process
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Ensuring our products are successfully handed over to support teams
- Monitor the team budget
- Recruitment and induction
- Championing community-based discussions
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in managing engineers
- Experience working in software development as either a Developer or Tester
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Demonstrable experience of growing team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Previous experience project managing
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge and experience in Management 3.0 practices
- Experience of release level planning
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/