What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate a team to deliver a product that is used by millions of users on a daily basis?
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager in our team in Katowice to inspire and enable our Ad Funded and Admadillo teams, drive engineering excellence and work with distributed teams across Europe!
You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers.
You will monitor the project's delivery ensuring your team successfully get their craft into production on time.
You will be a servant leader - knowing when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes.
You will be a proven coach and mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF):
- Maintain and enhance an inclusive, healthy, diverse and strong engineering culture
- Conduct regular 1:1s and performance evaluations of engineers
- Contribute to DAZN's technical strategy, setting projects goals, supporting and developing your team.
- Deliver high quality, well designed technical solutions
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Support your teams to own and support their services in production
- Create a learning environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Recruit, on board and retain the best engineering talent
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting software products and/or services in Agile environments
- Proven leadership skills managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Collaborative and supportive management style, to encourage your team to continually solve other engineers and infrastructure needs
- Passionate about building teams
- Strong empathy for others
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team-working skills with experience influencing across a matrix organisation
- Experience in advertising
- Fluent in English
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of release level planning
- Experience as an Engineer (preferably web-focused)
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.