What's your new role about?
What’s better than making the best use of AWS services and building scalable systems that reach millions of concurrent users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind. In early 2019, we will be expanding into Spain after success in USA, Japan, Canada, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland and there are only more markets to follow.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? You will create test design strategies and given the autonomy over the tools used for the job to build a modern, scalable, and resilient platform.
As a Cloud Engineer at DAZN you will develop and maintain reliable, highly available platforms for development teams across four international centers. From account provisioning and identity management, to providing the CI platform and Vault secrets management as a service. You will spend your days automating processes, developing new solutions to provide developers with greater flexibility, responding to issues raised, and researching and planning the next big thing, whatever that may be!
Watch our video on Platform Engineering at DAZN here
The essentials for you:
- Location: Hammersmith (2 mins from the tube)
- Industry: Online Media and Broadcast Streaming
- IT department size: 200+
- Team size: 22 (growing to 27)
- A taste of our Tech Stack: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Vault, Python, Go, Terraform, Severless, Golang + more
Here’s what you will be doing (not all of it, just the important bits):
- Build and support our AWS platform
- Develop tools to reduce toil and automate tasks
- Develop IaC accelerators to get our Engineers online quickly
- Design DAZN's future cloud architecture, K8s? sure, Kafka? lets do it! Hybrid cloud... maybe
- Review planned application architectures
To make an impact in our teams, you will have at least 3 of the following:
- AWS experience
- Terraform or other IaC
- An understanding of containerised deployments and lambda based architecture patterns
- Experience with event-driven/asynchronous architectures
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Experience optimising for high concurrency
- Worked on large scale web applications
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.