What's your new role about?
It’s 7:00 pm on Saturday, 3 million people are signing up to our global platform to catch the first match of the season. Is your infrastructure going to scale, will your design stop the nuisance script-kiddy trying to take you down, will your systems keep going even as one card processor begins to struggle? Of course, they will. It’s 7:30 pm, kick-off, and you’ve already won.
It’s pronounced “Da-ZN” by the way, as in “It dazn’t matter how you pronounce it”!
We are sports live streaming service with ambition to change the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport when and where they want it for a single low monthly fee.
You'll play a lead role in the design and architecture of the systems enabling the expansion of DAZN into global markets; with a rich variety of partners and evolving the next phase of our application framework.
Specifically, you will work with DAZN’s Acquisition and Retention product team taking on the responsibility of the design and development of DAZN’s user management and payment systems, integrating with a large number of 3rd party payment providers.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF)..
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders.
- Design architectures using industry standard methodologies, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
- Collaborate with and support distributed teams of software developers.
- Take both leading and hands-on roles in the implementation of the solution.
- Investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures.
- Manage disruption free migrations and system shutdowns.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering successful large scale, high availability, high quality, high performance architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies.
- Experience with designing systems that handle user data, including the associated regulations.
- Experience with supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting live systems.
- Experience with Cloud based systems, in particular AWS, ECS, Serverless, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, SQS and Microservices.
- Experience with developing consumer facing cross-platform web applications.
- Experience acting as both a team and technical lead on multiple projects.
- Experience in designing and deploying with Docker
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
- Experience with Salesforce and CRMs
- Experience with design notations such as UML.
- Experience with Kubernetes
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.