What's your new role about?
Goal’s English language edition is growing and we need great minds that love football to join us. We’re looking for an Assistant Editor to create, assign and manage our football editorial that will thrive on Goal as well as across social, search and other referral platforms.
You’ll be part of a team that creates what football fans need. You’ll do this by combining your deep knowledge of European and world football with an innate understanding of what content UK and US football fans wants to consume.
Your ability to think on your feet is second to none as you’ll react rapidly to the news agenda, and building and maintaining strong relationships with Goal’s global network of journalists will be key.
You’ll have to make quick decisions on what stories to cover, assigning those stories to a mix of full-time and freelance writers, as well as deciding on story placement on Goal’s homepage.
You’ll appreciate the nuances of how content can be presented and positioned to ensure it flourishes across Goal’s site and apps, social media and news apps, such as Apple News.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Sub-edit and publish content produced by colleagues and freelancers
- Manage the Goal homepage
- Assign content to full-time and freelance journalists
- Liaise with Goal editions across the globe to coordinate content creation and publication
- Provide feedback to full-time and freelance content producers
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of two years of journalistic experience, preferably online
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent news sense and journalistic instinct
- High level of football knowledge, particularly across major European leagues
- Outstanding copywriting abilities and attention to detail
- Brand savvy, audience focused, digital native – passionate and knowledgeable about digital content
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Second language [Spanish, Italian, French, German and Portuguese most preferable]
- Ability to use Photoshop at a basic level
- Department: Goal
- Reports To (title): Deputy Head of English Language
- Career Level: 2
- Country and Location: UK, Leeds (White Rose)
- Hours of Work: Mon-Sun 40 hours
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.