What's your new role about?
As Senior Financial Modeller, you will have ownership of the DAZN Long term forecasting and act as the lead finance business partner to Group Strategy. The three main areas you will spend your time on are:
· DAZN’s long-term funding model (used to support fund raising)
· New strategy initiatives including market launches, rights valuation and pricing
· Other ad-hoc projects
You will lead a team of two modellers and be required to work collaboratively across multiple functions to deliver high quality outputs that enable the correct business decisions to be made. This will include presenting to members of the executive team, as well as to external parties.
During your career to date, you will have managed highly technical and complex finance models with multiple inputs alongside been exposed to changing business prioritises in a fluid working environment.
Your calm and measured approach will enable you to translate technical requirements into business speak and, as a senior member of the team, your knowledge and in-depth expertise will provide invaluable guidance to the strategy and FP&A team.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Full ownership for the continual development of the complex long term funding model. This will include developing an in depth understanding of all inputs and driving forward improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of the model
- Team management of two financial modellers, ensuring a consistent quality of output across the team, who will adopt the most efficient modelling approaches to support business decisions
- Ownership for producing and ensuring the validity of regular board level presentations on funding updates, strategic reviews and investment (including new rights and new markets) appraisals, many of which may be required at short notice with initially undefined parameters
- Exhibit outstanding technical modelling expertise through understanding and accurately representing key drivers / relevant sensitivities in developing ad hoc tailored models to ensure appropriate rigour and challenge is provided for the assessment of new commercial opportunities on an efficient and timely basis. This will include, but not be limited to, analysing new market expansion, pricing, new partnership arrangements, rights opportunities and multi-channel sales expansion strategies
- Contribute to development of framework / standardised methodology to assess return on investment of product, capital and operational initiatives which is commonly understood and adopted across all departments within the division
- Integrate current trading and cashflow performance to ensure long term model accurately reflects most recent re forecast and key underlying business trends
- Proactive Management of internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritisation and capacity exists with the modelling team to ensure robust deliverables
- Share knowledge and expertise across finance function
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent understanding of finance and qualified (chartered, certified or equivalent)
- Experience of establishing and continual development of complex long term models (VBA level)
- Resilience – ability to work with uncertainty and remain calm under pressure
- Experience of working in an online subscription, media, tech or sport business
- Ability to prioritise and manage senior stakeholders
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Experience of managing a small but specialist and high performing team
- Exposure to a Global business
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com