What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? How would you like to be at the reins of transmitting major live events to sports obsessives all around the globe? What about using your industry expertise to help shape and develop our growing TX department in order for us to become one of the biggest, boldest and bravest sports broadcasters in the world?
As our Senior Transmission Controller, you will have the opportunity to broadcast various live sports events to our Spanish, Italian and, soon to be launched, Japanese linear channels. Not only this, but you’ll also get the chance to expand your skillset and work with our unique OTT product as well. Both our linear and OTT channels transmit globally to our various territories and you’ll also be responsible for managing the communications between our global production facilities as well as the direct communications with our linear channels and OTT platform.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe! We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Executing scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of transmission
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production)
- Providing first line support of all Transmission services and equipment
- Pre-empting all possible faults and devising resolution plans ready to minimise any ‘on-air’ impact
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5 years’ experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation
- 2 years’ experience working in a live sports environment
- Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processes of delivering IP content
- A good understanding of broadcast rules, regulations and compliance in a commercial and residential environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows
- Experience with the Morpheus automation system, UX or the hard client
- Languages – Spanish, Italian, Japanese
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Department: Group Operations
- Internal Job Title:Senior Transmission Controller
- Reports To (title): Head of Linear
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: UK, Leeds
- Hours of Work: 37.5 (shift based, 24/7 including nights, national and public holidays)
- Line Management Responsibility: None
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.
To find out more visit: https://careers.dazn.com/