What's your new role about?
Do you enjoy leading within a fast-moving, media environment and making an immediate impact? Do you thrive from building exciting partnerships with advertisers across different markets and driving sales? How about being at the cusp of shaping the future of OTT advertising for the world’s leading live OTT sports service? If this sounds like a perfect environment for you, then this is a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of the global advertising team at DAZN.
With the rise in brand investment in new(er) technologies the next few years are critical to cement DAZN as the destination for advertisers to reach, engage & connect with sports fans. It’s time to push new boundaries, and with DAZN now live in 200+ markets, the need for global expansion has never been greater.
As our Head of Advertising Partnerships, you will help define and deliver our commercial take-to-market strategy, roll out plan and sales delivery for DAZN in new markets. You'll be taking a global view of advertising sales and be involved across our key markets to build a consistent approach to advertising sales within the DAZN ecosystem. Your innovative and collaborative spirit will see you working with leaders both centrally and locally, you will be key in driving our central sales approach and deliver additional revenue which will be critical to the advertising division’s success.
Deeply knowledge in advertising sales in a media and sports industry with a strong network of industry contacts, you will be comfortable dealing with senior client and agency contacts. You’ll thrive in our fast-paced, media environment collaborating with our multiple internal stakeholders across our global locations, embracing challenges and finding new opportunities for us to be best-in-class in the world of advertising sales.
If this sounds like the right step for you – we would love to hear from you!
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%,access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Developing our ‘take-to-market’ strategy: Define and articulate across the DAZN business a strategic vision and recommendations for our advertising sales division, mapping out key brand planning and buying mechanics to drive revenue both centrally and locally
- Market Engagement: Develop a leading model which will help us identify and activate a new and existing network of blue-chip brands across marketing, media and sponsorship departments more efficiently, effectively and creatively than any other player in the market
- Insight & Trends: Own a strong grasp of industry metrics and foresight to predict future trends, identifying opportunity to improve our performance and be ahead of the game
- Best-in-class team: Build a leading advertising sales team, and manage the output of Sales & Delivery team members to deliver commercial proposals & end-to-end projects
- Collaborate with our central & in-market teams: Creating and maximising revenue opportunities to deliver local and global sales targets by working closely with the EVP of Global Advertising, Global VP of Advertising Strategy and market VP of Sales to develop & deliver regional/global campaigns for brands
- Brand & Campaign Focus: Develop strategic & creative campaign proposals in response to client briefs that sync with brand objectives
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Significant experience in working within the advertising media landscape specifically within a sales or partnerships role
- Clear and demonstrable experience in selling digital video advertising & branded content across big publishing brands or broadcasters, and overachieving revenue targets
- Understanding of the broader media industry & the needs/objectives of brands & advertisers
- Experience in working with brands at the highest level & negotiating multi-territory commercial partnerships
- Commercially minded, able to be a sound deal maker, making DAZN a must-buy for brands
- Good understanding of digital marketing & consumption platforms
- Ability to develop and articulate insight-based advertising sales strategies and campaign presentations to senior leadership team
- Ability to manage output of central commercial and account management teams to deliver campaigns across a global landscape
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Broadcast or OTT advertising sales experience and OTT advertising sales experience
- Sports fan and experience within the sports media ecosystem
- Multi-market media relationships and insight
- Department: Advertising
- Internal Job Title: Head of Advertising Partnerships
- Reports To (title): VP, Global Advertising Strategy
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5h
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.