What's your new role about?
You will be responsible for providing financial control and analysis to a significant part of our business. You will be working with the commercial team and reporting directly to the Senior Finance Analyst with a dotted line to the Senior Vice-President, Media Sales EMEA.
The role will be based in DAZN office in Hammersmith, however, you will be able to travel to a range of DAZN offices throughout Europe.
This role is a huge opportunity to be involved in DAZN at an exciting time with involvement in all commercial deals for the region.
You will be very proactive and able to form commercial opinions with the ability and poise to communicate and influence all levels of senior management right up the CEO.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support the modelling and assessing of all potential commercial deals in the region. This will involve working closely with the Sales Directors and their direct reports to provide financial analysis and insight.
- Financial Planning & guide commercial decisions
- Develop and review the long-term plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts of both financial and non-financial performance. Working closely with the senior management team in EMEA and reporting back to the Senior Finance Analyst
- Management Accounts
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts; explaining variances to forecast and budget presenting detailed revenue and cost analysis to deliver insights into the business.
- Drive Improvements
- Through insightful analysis the candidate will be expected to make suggestions and action remedies to improve the operational performance of the division.
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- DAZN is a fast-moving environment and the successful candidate will be flexible, extremely organized and able to prioritise. Due to the nature of the business and the growth expected in the division being able to keep on top of the work load and manage effectively will be a considerable challenge.
- Financial Stewardship
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are followed across the region. It will also include control of costs by ensuring they are appropriately tracked and do not exceed targets set.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum of three Bs at A Level and a 2:1 degree in either Mathematics, Engineering, Business Management, Accountancy or Economics or equivalent
- Part-Qualified in either ACA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification.
- Advanced Excel skills, with demonstrable speed in using complex spreadsheets
- Ability to develop relationships and work closely with both financial and non-financial staff
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and precise manner
- Strong commercial acumen
- A strong interest in the sports media and advertising sector
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- University degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Knowledge of Oracle or other Financial Accounting systems
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.