What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 700+ million hours of content! You are going to be a part of a new self-sufficient team of engineers developing solutions for the AdTech tribe, directly impacting the success of advertising at DAZN.
The AdTech tribe is responsible for the expansion of video advertising across all DAZNs app platforms and is considered a key revenue generator for the company. AdTech starts with onsite cameras and goes all the way through to every user’s app or TV. This role is a fantastic opportunity to learn about modern broadcasting including dynamic ad insertion.
This role can be based in Katowice, or you can work remotely from anywhere in Poland.
As our new Software Engineer in Test, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Liaison daily with Playback and Advertising Product Owners and Technical Programme Managers to identify project testing tasks, attending project specific meetings and planning meetings.
- Create detailed test-cases for specific testing tasks for new features, feature improvements, new regions, new strategic initiatives, playback improvements.
- Create testing-plans, test strategies, testing accounts and testing timelines/schedules for all new project testing tasks and ensure all teams are kept up to date with clear and timely communication.
- Lead project vertical testing; responsible for the daily management of project testing, the privatisation of daily testing tasks and the main vertical QA point of contact for any major issues or blocking problems that are reported.
- Work with the UAT automation team to maximise the level of automation being conducted on new projects and minimise the drain on simple testing tasks.
- Assemble and present accurate metrics and reporting of the QA teams testing activities via frequent updates and End of Day reporting.
- Advocate quality/testing best practices; driving and improving the QA team in all areas and striving to improve testing practices, processes and communication across the QA discipline.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong experience working on live applications with a continuous feature & content release cycle.
- Strong experience with webdriverIO TS or similar automation testing tools.
- Knowledge of web debugging tools (Firebug, HTTPFox, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Console, Charles Proxy, Wire-Shark etc.)
- Knowledge of BDD, exploratory testing, compliance testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Demonstrable experience of working with technical project delivery, live operations teams and delivery partners.
- Extensive and in-depth experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- First rate leadership, negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent changing priorities.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working on web, mobile, TV platforms, set-top boxes and/or games consoles in a fast-paced agile environment
- Understanding of AdTech API calls such as VAST/VMAP
- Experience working in a broadcast, media streaming or similar environment and familiarity with streaming protocols across web, mobile and living room devices.
- Knowledge of web delivery technologies and an understanding of issues surrounding cloud applications an advantage.
- Experience of writing tests using Selenium, Java or similar, using BDD Tools including Cucumber and scripting languages such as Python is desirable.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.