What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate and support Software Engineers to deliver a global product that is used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
A BIT ABOUT YOUR TEAM:
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager supported by a Principal engineers. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge. The team you will be joining is currently in charge of the catalogue chapter that is a large component of the TV app and help create the DAZN App that runs on various devices such as PS5, LG TV’s, Android living room devices (e.g. Fire Stick) and so on.
Here's what you will do (not all of it, just the important stuff!)
- Enhance a learning, inclusive, healthy, diverse environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Contribute to DAZN's technical strategy, setting goals, supporting and developing your team(s)
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Support your teams to own and support their services in production
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach
You've got to have these essentials skills to do your job well…
- Experience building apps on Smart TVs and/or devices (Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, STB's, Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, etc)
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting software products and/or services in Agile environments
- Proven leadership skills managing engineering teams
- Collaborative, empathetic and supportive management style, to encourage your team to continually solve other engineers and infrastructure needs
- Passionate about building teams
It would be great if you had these desirable skills/experience too
- Experience developing software for low spec hardware
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- Experience with managing budgets
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.