What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate and support Software Engineers to deliver a global product that is used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Teams are typically made up of around 5-8 Engineers, a Product Manager, Scrum Master and an Engineering manager supported by a Principal Engineers. Our team are a group from various and diverse backgrounds, we tend to have a flat structure within a team as everyone brings something different and has different experiences and knowledge. The team you will be joining is currently in charge of the catalogue chapter that is a large component of the TV app and help create the DAZN App that runs on various devices such as PS5, LG TV’s, Android living room devices (e.g. Fire Stick) and so on.
Benefits include..... access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Enhance a learning, inclusive, healthy, diverse environment for your team and individuals, act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Contribute to DAZN's technical strategy, setting goals, supporting and developing your team(s)
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Support your teams to own and support their services in production
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to support advance modern, software development practices and advance a great engineering culture
- Balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience developing, releasing and supporting software products and/or services in Agile environments
- Proven leadership skills managing engineering teams
- Collaborative, empathetic and supportive management style, to encourage your team to continually solve other engineers and infrastructure needs
- Passionate about building teams
Even better if you have:
- Experience developing software for low spec hardware
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience building apps on Smart TVs and/or devices (Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, STB's, Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, etc)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.