What's your new role about?
HR – because you care!
Despite what outsiders might think, you'll know that HR and payroll can be exciting, challenging, and much more than just employment law – especially when it’s for the fastest growing sports company in the world! As our new HR Assistant in Germany, you’ll not only ensure that our employees are paid correctly and on time but also receive excellent assistance with all HR related queries.
Supporting our office in Ismaning, you will be responsible for a large number of employees in Germany. To ensure a smooth-running, you’ll work closely with the international HR & Payroll and Recruitment teams to build strong working relationships and ensure process consistency and governance is maintained.
As you’ll be the one to create contracts as well as monitor all employee related data, you’ll use your hawk eye to spot errors or discrepancies, and perhaps you’ll also get a little excited by processes and excel spreadsheets! You’ll get the chance to take full ownership for a defined employee group in close collaboration with the People Manager. You’ll also support with various HR/Payroll projects throughout the year. With your German employment law knowledge and your first expertise working in HR you will give us much needed support and help drive the HR function to success – whether it concerns permanent employees, casual workers or interns.
This is an exciting time for the DAZN business with ever expanding growth and success. Working within a collaborative and vibrant HR environment, your flexibility and your openness to challenge the status quo combined with HR expertise you’ll fit perfectly in our team!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- You’ll be the first point of contact for all HR queries and employment legislation
- You’ll be responsible for all HR tasks related to interns, casual worker and full-time employees
- Creation of documents such as employment contracts, supplemental agreements, references many more
- Support our monthly payroll and collaborate with our external payroll provider & internal payroll Team to ensure a smooth running
- You’ll have ownership for onboarding and offboarding our employees
- Finally: you’ll get the chance to drive HR projects further, organise internal employee events and optimise processes while collaborating closely with our UK based teams
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Initial experience working in HR or in a comparable role, at least through internships
- Good working knowledge of current German employment law to be able to advise your internal stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentially and establish trust and credibility whilst acting with complete integrity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of social security law
- Familiar dealing with different employment types e.g. interns and casual workers
- Confident in all payroll related matters, especially with payroll preparations
- Department: HR Operations & Internal Coms
- Internal Job Title: HR Assistant
- Reports To (title): People Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Ismaning, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, coffee and other refreshments.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.