What's your new role about?
Are you an Executive Producer who wants to help us shape the future of Handball?
DAZN and Infront Sports & Media AG have partnered to sign an agreement with the European Handball Federation (EHF) and EHF Marketing (EHFM) to manage & exploit worldwide media rights to their events for the next 10 years. In this role you will help us take the lead role in defining and managing all aspects of content production and distribution.
EHF and EHFM organise and operate the ‘pinnacle’ of European handball competitions. This project is about ‘transforming the sport’, establishing handball and the EHF competitions as a leading sports property on the global sports market.
A key component of the deal will see the DAZN/ Infront EHF Content Production Team define and deliver a content plan to drive up the value of the rights for EHF key competitions and events, across the seasons.
You will join us as an experienced Executive Producer who will lead the team across live and post produced content to realise the full potential of the project creatively, as well as working within the cost control and event production logistics.
Your knowledge of Handball, combined with a creative eye from a background in TV production, technical acumen, strategic leadership and fluent English language skills will put you in excellent stead to take ownership of all aspects of our live and additional content.
This role will be central to the direction and success of the complete project and will be in very close liaison with the senior management of DAZN, Infront, EHF and EHF Marketing.
You will be required to have a creative vision for the look and feel of the production and a proven ability to work within agreed budgets. This will include editorial ideas for long-form and short-form programming and clear leadership in the forming of a strategy for social media promotion.
A background in high quality sports television production is essential.
Please note you will be required to travel to EHF head office in Vienna on a regular basis and attend EHF events periodically throughout the year.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Define and drive the live and additional content strategy for EHF competitions.
- Continuously develop new concepts for any platform and workflows within the content team
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure content is aligned, well defined and operationally effective.
- Take responsibility for the operational budget across all production areas.
- Establish and deliver high quality production values across the output of all EHF Productions.
- Responsible for establishing all editorial elements of the EHF output.
- Manage the Production Management team to ensure the organisational areas around the live game output. This include maintaining communication with delivery partners, suppliers, clients and internal staff to ensure the smooth production and delivery.
- Day-to-day management of staff, including rotas, holiday, contracts and HR issues.
- Train, develop and coach your team
- Working closely with DAZN and Infront production services team
- Efficient utilisation of global resources and identification of potential synergies across DAZN’s wider production business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Recognised experience delivering strong creative within the broadcast space
- Senior level experience in a live TV production environment
- Fan and extensive knowledge of Handball
- Fluent in English although skills in German would be helpful
- Understanding of broadcast technology and workflows
- Good knowledge of content production for multi-platform distribution
- Commercial acumen and cost management
- Significant leadership experience, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growing business
- Knowledge of the necessary licences, clearances and regulations relating to hours, liability and indemnity when shooting at different locations around the world
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- A thorough understanding of the production surrounding world feeds for sport
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in live sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of media
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- Structured management development program
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Most importantly our great atmosphere
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: DAZN Global Event Production Services
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: VP Handball & Basketball
- Career Level: 4
- Location: Madrid - Spain
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes