What's your new role about?
Help shape the future of broadcast distribution as part of the DAZN as the Distribution Platform Engineer! Join our fast paced media environment in a new team set on dynamic and ambitious growth!
In this varied role, you’ll get stuck into both the technical and operational aspects of delivering OTT video content for DAZN’s global sport streaming service that is transforming the way the world watches sport. Use your background in media content delivery technology to experiment with new technologies and innovate new solutions whilst building relationships with vendors, clients and internal stakeholders to develop processes that ensure the quality of service and clear communications around Broadcast Distribution.
If you are looking for an experience to build your technical knowledge of CDN, chaching and OTT streaming technology along with playing a key role in the bigger picture of the live content supply chain, then this could be a great next move in your technical Broadcast and Operational career!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Act as the day to day operational point of contact for DAZN’s CDN vendor relationships
- Tracking and reporting of CDN Usage for CDN budget management and forecasting
- Liaising with DAZN’s internal stakeholders and external clients who utilise CDN services
- Key escalation point for the support teams to resolve and configure the CDNS
- CDN governance of new implementations incl. Secured Certificates related to CDN delivery
- Management of DAZN’s CDN Portals
- Advising on product sets to ensure most efficient use of CDN resources including planning and implementation of CDN platform changes
- Developing and ensuring procedures are in place with respect to SLA reporting, Incident escalation, planned work management. Collaborate and co-ordinate internally to achieve best practice
- Providing training materials, how to guides and organising training as required to users
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working in a support focussed environment with exposure to CDN
- Understanding of and exposure to basic streaming technologies e.g Mpeg Dash / HLS Flas / smooth streaming / low latency and familiarity with Caching
- Experience of delivering operational metrics and reporting using Microsoft Office and carrying out troubleshooting
- Understanding of and exposure to web technologies and management of configurations in a CDN environment
- Capable of forming strong relationships between internal teams making connections and moving projects forward, as well as experience working with 3rd party suppliers
- Exposure to the Broadcast industry and an understanding of the end-end flow and how CDN fits into the process
- Great organisational skills and the willingness to be flexible to your work approach by getting involved in other areas and learning new technologies
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of planning and delivering technical projects to tight deadline
- Experience of resource planning
- Experience with working with delivery technologies such as fibre, IP, Mpeg, DVB, ASI. Experience of using this technical experience within an operational role would be highly desirable
- Exposure to a Multi-CDN environment
- Experience within a live support environment
- Knowledge of coding and scripting using technologies like Bash / Shell / Python
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com