What's your new role about?
This is an entry level position to DAZN, a team you can bring your software development fundamentals and ability to learn. You may not know some of the broadcast technologies we use yet, but we’ll help you understand our specific areas drawing from the subject matter experts within the team.
This team work in a hybrid way meeting in our Leeds or Hammersmith, London office 4-6 times a month. There will be the expectation for you to join key meetings in either of these locations and the rest of the time can be split at home or in the office it's up to you.
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
Tech stack: Python/Node.js/ TypeScript, AWS, Terraform/CDK, GitHub, Docker, React, Kubernetes
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Entry Level DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of a new DevOps squad to build new and maintain existing microservices in AWS
- Design and build API’s that internal and external systems will integrate with to automate our video and metadata workflows
- Make use of AWS services such as step-functions and code-build to help deliver event-based broadcasting
- Build and maintain CICD pipelines using github actions
- Make use of IAC tools such as Terraform and CDK to deploy new and maintain existing cloud services
- Use test driven development methodologies to ensure safe and reliable deployments into production
- Provision cloud native video processing workflows that make use of AWS technologies such as AWS MediaPackage, MediaLive and MediaConnect
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- A background in software engineering with a strong aptitude to learn new languages and frameworks
- Programming skills (preferably with some experience in either Python, Node.js or Typescript)
- An understanding of AWS services (preferably with some hands-on experience using AWS core services (either from a previous role or from online tutorials/workshops)
- Be self-driven to learn new skills, new technologies and operations. You may not know some of the broadcast technologies we use yet, but we’ll teach you our specific areas drawing from the subject matter experts within the team.
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- An understanding of working in an Agile way where engineers are invested in continuous improvement, both of the process and the code base.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.