What's your new role about?
DAZN Media, the DAZN Group’s specialist media division, is looking for a Senior Media Strategist. A senior role within the central DAZN Media global commercial strategy team in London who can help shape the commercial and creative proposition critical to the media division’s success.
The successful candidate will be a key figure in the growth of the Media division with specific emphasis on commercial brands and their involvement within the sports industry. Given the multi-functional nature of the current media division structure, the position will require an understanding of all aspects of the process – from sales to creative concepts and campaign strategy to ensure fantastic results for our clients.
A senior candidate with in-depth knowledge of sport and the sports and media industries, you will have worked in a fast-paced media environment, with the ability to think calmly and creatively under pressure and challenge perceived wisdoms in the drive to find the best solution.
You will be expected to be extremely comfortable dealing with senior client contacts and collaborating with multiple senior stakeholders in multiple global locations across our own business.
Additionally, as part of the central team, you’ll be expected to contribute to the global expansion of DAZN Media, working with numerous local stakeholders to define strategy and best practice and helping to implement it in new markets.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Develop strategic & creative campaign proposals in response to client briefs that sync with brand objectives then collaborate with account management teams and local stakeholders to deliver effectively. Campaigns that you devise will be activated across our market leading OTT platform, our digital media portals such as Goal.com and Sporting News, social channels and third parties.
- Contribute to defining the strategic approach to our commercial offering in key regions and local markets and play a governance role to ensure this best practice is implemented.
- Create pro-active opportunities for the sales teams to take to market.
- Support the growth of the division across new and existing business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Al least 10 years working in a media, sports marketing, agency or brand strategy role
- Experience in developing strategic & creative media campaign proposals that deliver on client objectives either at a media owner or agency
- Ability to collaborate with commercial and account management teams and comprehensive understanding of how to deliver content-driven campaigns
- 360º view of the sports industry, understanding the needs/objectives of Media, Rights-holders, Sponsors and Talent
- Strong understanding of digital marketing consumption platforms
- A steady stream of great ideas and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate them both verbally and in written form
- The ability to create and deliver compelling presentations
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Good contacts within and knowledge of the global football/sports industry
- A keen interest (preferably, understanding) of the sports and entertainment sectors and demonstrable understanding of the sports sponsorship and OTT landscape
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more. And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: DAZN MEDIA
- Internal Job Title: Senior Media Partnerships Manager
- Reports To (title): Head of Media Partnerships
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5h
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, US, Canada and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. We’ll be launching in Spain and Brazil early 2019.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com