What's your new role about?
Come and change how fans watch sport forever.
For 30 years, fans have watched sport the same way – sign up to multi-year TV bundle contract, sit down in the living room at the exact time scheduled and be shown the game the way the director wants you to see it.
Life has changed. Drama has changed. But sports television has not.
At DAZN, we think there is a better way. We let fans watch their favourite sports wherever they are, whenever they wish and however they want. Live, Catch-up, Highlights, Previews, Reviews, documentaries. On any device. At any time. All for a transparent and affordable fee and no long-term contract.
We know that we can make the DAZN experience even better by working in partnership with the world’s leading cable and satellite TV operators, broadband ISPs and mobile carriers to ensure the maximum flexibility and quality of experience for fans.
We are now putting together a superstar global business development team – high fliers who share our ambition and vision and the operational excellence to help make this vision a reality. You will be taking full responsibility for one of our most critical and largest market of Japan immediately and will have the potential to take on responsibility for the other Asia-Pacific markets as we expand. You will drive the negotiations and relationships with some of the biggest telecoms and TV operators in the world and finding mutually beneficial partnership terms for them, for us and for the fans of sports.
Are you capable of driving the revolution of how live sports are viewed in Asia?
Customers today demand their entertainment on their terms – to watch wherever, whenever and however they like – on any device, at any time, with no ongoing contracts and at a more affordable price.
DAZN stands at the forefront of this revolution and our opportunity is immense. But live sports broadcasting over the internet is not easy. We cannot achieve all of this alone. That’s why we have developed DAZN for Operators, a best-in-class partnership programme to collaborate with Pay TV operators, mobile carriers and ISPs to make DAZN easier to find, quicker to subscribe to and better to watch.
By working together in partnership, our joint customers can enjoy the benefits of accessing DAZN via our partner’s set top boxes, simplified registration using their operator credentials, paying for the service on their existing bill and experience superior streaming quality. They may also enjoy special promotions and offers from their provider.
The result is a win-win-win. An improved experience for customers, greater reach for DAZN and increased revenues, acquisition or retention value for operators.
We need a dynamic and senior business developer leader, capable of delivering against this distribution vision. You will be a digital native, a self-starter used to operating in a worldwide team and a high-paced environment, driving strategy development and negotiating with CXOs of the continent’s leading operators to bring DAZN even closer to hundreds of millions of sports fans.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Take responsibility for DAZN’s relationships with ISPs, Pay TV operators and mobile carriers in Japan
- Negotiate partnership agreements that put DAZN closer to tens of millions of sports fans and take responsibility for the non-direct subscribers and revenues that these channels are expected to deliver for the service. In particular:
- Ensure DAZN is easily discoverable and accessible to Cable TV subscribers across Japan via their preferred set-top-box
- Allow customers to register and pay for DAZN using their existing bills for mobile, broadband and TV
- Ensure that the streaming experience for DAZN subscribers is the best that it can be by optimising network performance with ISPs and carriers
- Where appropriate, work with Operators to include DAZN benefits within their core products and tariffs plans without devaluing the service or cannibalising our customer base
- Work with the SVP Business Development to continue to develop and tailor the DAZN for Operators strategy to the changing needs of operator partners in these territories
- Be the senior bridge between the global business development team and the Executive Vice President for Japan and his content and marketing leadership
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- An exceptional track-record of building strategic relationships and revenue streams with the telecommunications industry in Japan
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- A deep understanding of the changing dynamics of content distribution, in particular the shift from traditional television to OTT services
- A track record of delivering strong financial results in a high-paced environment
- Fluency in Japanese
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience of working in a leading disruptive content service such as Netflix, Amazon, Rakuten, Hulu, Spotify, Google Play or Apple Music
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.
To find out more visit: https://careers.dazn.com/