What's your new role about?
This is the chance of a lifetime. If you are a proven, experienced, energetic and innovative brand leader and have a deep passion for sports, this might just be the perfect role for you.
DAZN has established itself as the world’s leading sports platform. We are disrupting a pay television industry that has ruled televised sports for the last 30 years. We stream the most exciting events on the planet to more than 200 countries and telling the incredible stories behind the sports to allow fans to get closer to their to their favourite teams and stars. We live to serve the sports fan – liberating them from the restrictions of legacy technology and business models – allowing them to enjoy their favourite sports whenever, wherever and however they want. All for one transparent and affordable price. And on a contract that they can cancel any time. This is sport on the fan’s terms.
But we know that we are closer to the beginning than the end of our journey. We have so more much more to improve on to realise our fearless ambition. Your role is to help establish a world-class brand that matches that ambition and tells the DAZN story to the world.
The Brand & Campaigns teams are a fantastic group of ambitious, high performing individuals. They work on brand strategy, brand guardianship, market launches, creative platform and campaign development and direct and indirect communication channel approaches.
Your leadership will inspire and mentor this young, passionate and talented team of brand and campaign executives to become the next generation of leadership for DAZN. You will apply your creativity and consumer-centricity to help us move from the short-term, rational communication of our upcoming events to build deeper, more emotional connections with sports fans. You will help to curate our brand identity and our personality as a straight-talking, fan-friendly, fearless disruptor. Your ideas and tone of voice will come to life through all of our communication touchpoints but especially through our advertising and marketing campaigns that resonate across multiple languages and cultures all around the world.
As a senior leader in a global organisation, you must have the communication and influencing skills to be able to navigate a large, matrixed, international organisation. You must understand the nuances and need to adapt to different markets and cultures across Asia, Europe and the Americas. You will be comfortable with building inter-department relationships, influencing and driving cross-functional collaboration (often through squad structures), leading multiple agency relationships, driving shared understanding of your ideas and shining the light on the collective creative output of your team upwards to the executive management, board and investors and sideways to your peers.
As one of DAZN’s core competencies and competitive advantages is how it can apply data to continually adjust, personalise and improve every element of its experience – from how we engage with prospects to how we service long-term loyal members - you must be comfortable in interpreting research and insights to inform and justify your decision making in how we position and present ourselves across all touchpoints.
This is a great time to join us – come and help us move beyond the disruptive, high-growth new entrant to the established leading sports destination platform and build a better, more brilliant DAZN.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family-friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunities for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new SVP Brand Development, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Own the global DAZN brand entity, and help us to mature as a brand by developing a distinct, motivating positioning, which contributes to both making us top of mind and able to drive stronger, longer-term connections with consumers
- Make the global brand positioning live, creating relevance centrally and across all markets. Develop usable guidelines which guide how the brand manifests in every consumer touchpoint
- Help the world to understand the DAZN difference through impactful, authentic and human storytelling
- Develop & evolve the global campaign platform, ensuring local campaign briefs can be developed using this approach and can satisfy our brand and commercial ambitions
- Play a key role in driving top of funnel awareness, association and consideration metrics that drive acquisition and revenue growth opportunity
- Help develop the creative tone of voice for in-life communications with our members
- Own global consumer insights in relation to the brand, commissioning actionable research and insight generation to further develop the brand in all or specific markets
- Help the company to elegantly diversify its business models and revenue streams by demonstrating additional fan convenience and value
- Identify opportunities to scale and drive efficiencies in our approach to developing advertising campaigns and brand building
- Support in maximising value from other brand programmes e.g. sponsorship, ambassador and partnership programmes
- Create excellent working relationships with teams across the organisation; local marketing teams, Product & Customer Experience, Programming etc, driving trust in the central Brand function
- Lead, inspire & develop (the awesome) Global Brand & Campaigns team
- Be the bridge between our Subscription and our Customer & Innovation functions, ensuring all our output fulfils our acquisition and retention goals, and enhances the customer experience
- Manage and inspire our global creative agency
You’ll be set up for success in this role if you have:
- Experience of developing brand strategy for a high-profile global consumer brand
- Worked on a brand that has operated across multiple international territories and cultures
- Experience of leadership roles in early-stage fast-growth digital businesses
- A hunger for discovering customer insights which can be used to unlock brand value and growth
- Ability to write brilliant, clear, concise briefs
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of the relationship between brand, customer and commercial outcomes
- Experience in leading internal and agency teams through the creative briefing and development process, from insight to execution
- Comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity, initiative and fluidity of approach required to deal with a rapidly changing business landscape
- Comfortable in fast-paced innovative, high-performance work environments which demand active decision-making and considered risk taking
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.