What's your new role about?
As a Senior Product Manager for DAZN, you will be involved in the definition and then the continuous development of a digital video service globally across game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes. You will collaborate with teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team to define a product roadmap and deliver it with an external development partner to grow the business.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working with the product and operational teams to define and support integration with new platforms
- Work with commercial teams in market to shape requirements and define experiences that deliver DAZN’s requirements and fits within the constraints of each specific partner
- Be able to own and manage external suppliers to achieve short term projects
- Able to own legacy platforms and provide strategies to ensure their long term viability
- Able to present to senior management from DAZN and 3rd parties to land deals
- Line management experience including hiring and performance management
- Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage
- Have an obsession with metrics
- Contribute to the development of detailed product requirements documents and technical specifications
- Work closely with the external offshore development partner to ensure that the requirements are prioritised and delivered
- Work closely with marketing and commercial teams to represent the business technically with 3rd party platforms
- Able to travel extensively
- Strong requirement composition skills, with experience of Gherkin and writing BDD User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in an Agile environment
- Excellent program organization, product management, and coordination skills
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior management
- Understanding of the issues surrounding delivering video playback across multiple platforms
- Adept at synthesizing technology and design into best in class products that customers love
- Understanding of the challenges of launching products in multiple markets
- Absolute passion for innovation
- Experience of managing 3rd party partners and suppliers
- Background of delivering business value; improve user and customer experience and providing maximum return on investment
- Pragmatic approach to feature prioritisation and compromises between designs and technical capabilities
- Experience of agile methodologies
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Mandarin, German, Japanese language skill sets also an advantage
- General interest in sport is a real advantage
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.