What's your new role about?
Disrupting an industry isn’t easy.
DAZN launched in 2016 bringing more live sport directly to customers than ever before through a simple, intuitive, easy to use app and a low monthly price. By 2019 DAZN were playing more hours of live sports than any other company anywhere in the world.
As QA Team Leader, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product, software development and broadcast technology teams to define the test strategy for new features and launches and report on defects across all DAZN regions and platforms (including Console, TV, Web and Mobile to approve global releases and/or new device launches.)
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, development and operations on requirement approvals and defect resolution to ensure that business objectives are met, and manufacturer requirements are delivered within the applications.
Playback Experience is at the core of the DAZN product and we strive for the best quality for our customers at all times whilst innovating with new technologies and approaches.
This role can be based in Katowice.
As our new QA Team Leader, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Daily liaison with Playback and Advertising Product Owners and Technical Programme Managers to identify project testing tasks, attending project specific meetings and planning meetings.
- Create detailed test-cases for specific testing tasks for new features, feature improvements, new regions, new strategic initiatives, playback improvements.
- Create testing-plans, test strategies, testing accounts and testing timelines/schedules for all new project testing tasks and ensure all teams are kept up to date with clear and timely communication.
- Lead project vertical testing; responsible for the daily management of project testing, the prioritization of daily testing tasks and the main vertical QA point of contact for any major issues or blocking problems that are reported.
- Work with the UAT automation team to maximise the level of automation being conducted on new projects and minimise the drain on simple testing tasks.
- Line manage your direct report(s) efficiently to maintain standards across all areas of product testing.
- Assemble and present accurate metrics and reporting of the QA teams testing activities via frequent updates and End of Day reporting.
- Advocate quality/testing best practices; driving and improving the QA team in all areas and striving to improve testing practices, processes and communication across the QA discipline.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading a team working on web, mobile, TV platforms, set-top boxes and/or games consoles in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strong experience working on live applications with a continuous feature & content release cycle.
- Knowledge of BDD, exploratory testing, compliance testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Demonstrable experience of working with technical project delivery, live operations teams and delivery partners.
- Extensive and in-depth experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- First rate leadership, negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent changing priorities.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in a broadcast, media streaming or similar environment and familiarity with streaming protocols across web, mobile and living room devices.
- Knowledge of web delivery technologies and an understanding of issues surrounding cloud applications an advantage.
- Experience of writing tests using Selenium, Java or similar, using BDD Tools including Cucumber and scripting languages such as Python is desirable.
- Experience with Charles Proxy, Wire-Shark and other supporting QA Tools
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increased by 3 days, after 3 years of tenure
- Private medical and dental insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
Here's a little more about us…
Please note: we will be able to review all applications and begin interviews for this role after 03.10 due to holiday season, but no later than 07.10. We apologise for the inconvenience.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.