What's your new role about?
Disrupting an industry isn’t easy.
DAZN launched in 2016 bringing more live sport directly to customers than ever before through a simple, intuitive, easy to use app and a low monthly price. By 2019 DAZN were playing more hours of live sports than any other company anywhere in the world.
As QA Team Leader, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
Playback Experience is at the core of the DAZN product and we strive for the best quality for our customers at all times whilst innovating with new technologies and approaches.
You will be responsible for supporting our product, software development and broadcast technology teams to define the test strategy for new features and launches and report on defects across all DAZN regions and platforms (including Console, TV, Web and Mobile to approve global releases and/or new device launches.)
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, development and operations on requirement approvals and defect resolution to ensure that business objectives are met, and manufacturer requirements are delivered within the applications.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Daily liaison with Playback and Advertising Product Owners and Technical Programme Managers to identify project testing tasks, attending project specific meetings and planning meetings.
- Create detailed test-cases for specific testing tasks for new features, feature improvements, new regions, new strategic initiatives, playback improvements.
- Create testing-plans, test strategies, testing accounts and testing timelines/schedules for all new project testing tasks and ensure all teams are kept up to date with clear and timely communication.
- Lead project vertical testing; responsible for the daily management of project testing, the prioritization of daily testing tasks and the main vertical QA point of contact for any major issues or blocking problems that are reported.
- Work with the UAT automation team to maximise the level of automation being conducted on new projects and minimise the drain on simple testing tasks.
- Line manage your direct report(s) efficiently to maintain standards across all areas of product testing.
- Assemble and present accurate metrics and reporting of the QA teams testing activities via frequent updates and End of Day reporting.
- Advocate quality/testing best practices; driving and improving the QA team in all areas and striving to improve testing practices, processes and communication across the QA discipline.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading a team working on web, mobile, TV platforms, set-top boxes and/or games consoles in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strong experience working on live applications with a continuous feature & content release cycle.
- Understanding of BDD, exploratory testing, compliance testing, defect regression, smoke-testing and test planning.
- Demonstrable experience of working with technical project delivery, live operations teams and delivery partners.
- Extensive and in-depth experience of bug database systems and test-tracking software such as JIRA and Test Rail.
- First rate leadership, negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and with frequent changing priorities.
- Strong team player that is performance orientated.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Experience working in a broadcast, media streaming or similar environment and familiarity with streaming protocols across web, mobile and living room devices.
- Knowledge of web delivery technologies and an understanding of issues surrounding cloud applications an advantage.
- Experience of writing tests using Selenium, Java or similar, using BDD Tools including Cucumber and scripting languages such as Python is desirable.
- Experience with Charles Proxy, Wire-Shark and other supporting QA Tools
- Development opportunities (knowledge sharing, mentorship programme, online Learning Zone and others)
- Private medical and dental cover (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life insurance
- MyBenefit platform (thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Flexible working arrangements, 1-hour lunch break incl. in working day
- Wellbeing initiatives
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
- For more information on our perks and benefits please visit our Careers page.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.