What's your new role about?
As DAZN expands globally, bringing sports streaming to fans all over the world, what can we do to make it the best, most interesting & engaging experience for our customers? As VP Content Engagement for English Language Markets, you'll oversee multiple areas of content engagement within the Production and Editorial function as you lead and inspire Platform Editorial and develop strategies to drive engagement throughout all phases of the customer journey.
You will be responsible for DAZN in-app merchandising, DAZN linear channels, and where DAZN content appears in partner channels. In addition, you will oversee editorial, media and engagement planning as well as taking strategic responsibility for DAZN News (including SEO) content across those regions. You will take ownership to ensure that content is creatively merchandised and distributed on our platforms, with a coordinated and data-driven approach to achieve the wider business engagement goals.
You will have access to and engage with powerful viewership data and you will be comfortable presenting our approach to senior stakeholders on a weekly basis. Working with marketing teams you will have an informed opinion on the best ways to market and distribute content.
If you can help take the DAZN customer experience to the next level, then we would love to hear from you!
This role will be based in Leeds.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new VP Content Engagement, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead & develop strategies to make DAZN OTT app in English-speaking markets the sports destination product for all content consumption, betting & e-commerce.
- Ensure all customer-facing channels & content consumption is editorially and commercially aligned with company objectives.
- Align DAZN app and linear strategies with DAZN’s Social channels.
- Oversee a DAZN News/SEO strategy to drive acquisition & engagement.
- Coordinate all departments to develop a consistent editorial voice in line with DAZN’s brand, geared towards maximising engagement.
- Work closely with Content Production Leads to ensure that commissioned content works across the appropriate channels.
- Develop & execute business and promotional priorities by working closely with all internal stakeholders, from CEO level down.
- Experience of running linear channels, OTT content platforms, sports websites and/or publishing sites
- A strong editorial background
- Editorial and commercial experience working in the sports broadcast or sports marketing industries
- Experience and ability to present to senior leads in the business, with data-backed insights
- Experience managing and developing large teams, across the world
- Experience managing and developing high-profile social media accounts
- Experience using Business Intelligence software, including Tableau and Looker.
- Experience managing an OTT service
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.