What's your new role about?
Are you a driven financial professional looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work with a dynamic and innovative team that is transforming the sports media industry? Look no further than DAZN Finance! As a key member of the financial reporting team, working with the Head of Financial reporting, you will get the chance to work with all parts of finance at DAZN.
We’re looking for a new Financial Reporting Manager. This role would suit a current Financial Reporting Manager or someone looking to take their first step and role in industry. The role will be part of the financial reporting team which ensures all statutory and non-statutory reporting deadlines are met. You will ensure technical accounting compliance and a robust financial control framework to meet internal compliance and external audit requirements. You will also help manage the creation and presentation of financial information in the annual report, supporting technical accounting, preparation of quarterly reporting, group consolidation and the annual external audit.
This role will be based in Leeds, at our White Rose Office. The role will be reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Financial Reporting Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ensuring proper books and records for all financial transactions under the relevant reporting standard.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash flows. Quarterly Statutory accounts and annual audited accounts.
- Maintaining best practice documentation of accounting policy and papers for material transactions and revenue recognition
- Flag new disclosure requirements draft new disclosures, and modify existing disclosures
- Prepare and summarise complex audit areas such as impairment, going concern and acquisitions
- Building relationships with external auditors and other outsourced reporting providers
- Collaborating with other departments including tax, legal and commercial finance, including working closely with group finance in London and the Polish Shared Service Centre
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve accounting processes, operations, and systems
- Ideally ACA qualified, with strong post qualification operating experience in financial reporting
- Familiar with accounting standards and disclosure requirements under IFRS & US GAAP
- Great technical knowledge with a strong understanding and interest in IFRS 15
- Strong financial acumen and excellent technical accounting skills.
- Experience in dealing with large complex, multi national external audits
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders across the business
- Ability and willingness to work hands on when required
- Exceptional organisational skills, motivated by making a difference and getting things done
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, our content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.