What's your new role about?
Do you want to facilitate and support a global sports streaming application used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries
Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content!
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Providing support and acting as first responder and carrying triage to inbound customer incidents received to the DAZN Support Centre
- Responsible for Incident Logging, providing business impact assessment, reporting, incident notifications and escalation to resolver teams in a quick and timely manner
- Troubleshooting, providing fixes and escalating incidents as required ensuring they are resolved within service level agreements or against agreed key performance indicators
- Responsible for monitoring (Business and Technical) and live event monitoring across the DAZN OTT platform and product using a variety of tools.
- Responsible for sending out live incident communications as soon as incidents are detected on the DAZN OTT platform in a timely manner
- Work in an operations 24/7/365 support model
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working in Application Support / Monitoring
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like New Relic, Nagios, Cloud Watch, ELK, Pager Duty, Conviva, Logz.io, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk
- Experience writing basic SQL queries
- Experience using service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Have a fair understanding of web technologies and distributed web applications using a variety of languages like Node.js etc.
- Confidence to recommend critical business decisions in near-real-time to recover service
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities when incidents occur, to drive performance, to ensure communication, escalation, triage and reporting are all done within minutes of key incidents occurring.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with basic ITIL
- Experience using Cloud Support (ideally AWS)
- Familiarity with Jira/Confluence
- Experience working in a live sport environment
- OTT Monitoring expertise to include: Conviva, New Relic, Service Now in addition to Live and VoD. Possess strong capabilities in operations covering Sign Up, Sign In, Payments, My Account, Pause and Cease
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.