What's your new role about?
Are you a finance expert keen to be involved with the continues scale up of the world’s most exciting sports streaming service? We have already changed the way fans consume sport. Our unique product and leading set of rights including the Matchroom Boxing, UEFA Champions League and other great sports are available to sports consumers since 2016.
As our finance business partner for the Advertising area, you’ll interpret financial results of business KPIs to drive business performance and maximise commercial opportunities across our operations and programming business divisions. Your broad remit will include creating group versions of budgeting, re-forecasting and reporting / presenting, driving business performance and maximising return on assets and providing a consultative and influential service to your business partners in advertising & revenue strategy to help them become more KPI driven.
The opportunities for you as the first person in this role could be endless – the start of an awesome new career journey.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Being a key member of DAZN revenue strategy finance team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play an important role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all the DAZN markets
- Prepare regional and consolidated Group version of annual forecasts and budgets for all elements of revenue & gross margin (including challenging / obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs & KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers & reporting / interpreting actual results relating to Advertising Revenues
- Prepare and consolidate regular reforecasts of the annual budget (at least once a quarter) through close alignment with the Revenue Planning team and key regional and global stakeholders
- Supporting the preparation of board and management presentations and include a holistic approach including all revenue streams
- Conducting granular and detailed analysis during regular post implementation reviews in order to continually provide insights and learnings for future investments
- Preparing monthly financial reviews for regional and central stakeholders, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights, in collaboration with the costs finance function
- Supporting any recommendations by Advertising team related to change in sales approach and offers by assisting with modelling as required
- Working closely with Central Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance / other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management, provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet), purchase order creation and approval, advanced financial modelling and reporting support, where required
- Ensuring financial and revenue KPI performance is accessible and maintained for management and to the Board as required
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent communication and organisational as well as collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of finance to deliver preferred outcomes
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including advertising, marketing, partnerships, pricing, direct costs and other revenue-driving functions
- Strong commercial awareness and a strategic business acumen
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Good foundational understanding of finance, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Experience working in a tech, media/telco or sports environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Degree educated or relevant finance qualification, like CIMA
- Finance experience within a fast-growing and ideally global business
- Knowledge of local legal, tax and accounting laws and standards
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g. Tableau
- Finance systems knowledge (Oracle preferred) & deep financial modelling understanding
- Department: DAZN Revenue Management
- Internal Job Title: Finance Business Partner
- Reports To (title): Head of Finance
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: London, United Kingdom
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.