What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team which uses data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
We are looking for an experienced Android Team Lead who is passionate about building modern, scalable applications, and will take ownership of the full product feature cycle from design to delivery.
The R&D group is building and delivering the enablement platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of DAZN's value proposition.
Key parts of the workflow are ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. This group is taking full responsibility for providing end-to-end social interaction functionalities on multiple platforms including web, smart TVs, iOS, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox.
AS OUR NEW ANDROID TEAM LEADER, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with product managers, UX-/UI-designers, and other software engineers to help deliver compelling user-facing products
- Lead and coach team members working in various locations and time zones
- Recruiting, onboarding, and mentoring members of your team
- Continually improve and innovate software development & deployment to ensure high-quality, on-time releases
- Deliver maintainable, robust, and testable code
YOU’LL BE SET UP FOR SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Over 4 years’ experience in leading development teams
- A technical background with hands-on experience as a Senior Android developer
- At least 5 years of experience in Android Kotlin/Java development
- Excellent understanding of Objective Oriented design patterns and Android fundamentals
- Experience with RxJava development
- · Extensive knowledge in UI/UX development
- Previous experience working with a complex software system
- Excellent interpersonal and language skills to facilitate smooth communication
- Strong sense of ownership, and initiative to fix problems and optimize systems that are both inside and outside your area of responsibility
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Verse in 3rd party libraries and solutions.
- Experienced with OpenGL, high-performance rendering, mobile device, digital AV, video and audio codecs, and media players
- Experienced with working on networking technology and approaches, e.g., client-server, peer-to-peer, writing network code using TCP/IP and UDP stacks and networking concepts. (Routing, congestion, datagrams vs. streams)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.