What's your new role about?
DAZN is looking for highly motivated and passionate engineers to join a new team supporting all aspects around the live production of Super feeds delivered from global sporting events.
You will help maintain the broadcast infrastructure and support the operational staff in delivering the product to a high standard. The role expands to monitoring the global acquisition of events and working with providers to ensure the seamless reception of content into our facility in IP. You will help test the delivery of the outputs before being distributed in IP over the DAZN Sports Cloud to multiple broadcasters globally and then monitored.
Although the primary function is to support the live production elements of events, there will be opportunities to work on projects covering research, design, development, integration, testing, installation and creating or updating existing documentation for all major developments to DAZN Groups production and broadcast infrastructure.
If you are passionate about Broadcast and Media technologies, then this is a fantastic time to be joining us!
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain live broadcast production systems
- Support operational staff to achieve a high standard of production.
- Configure routing and video switchers for events.
- Assist operators in setting up audio desk configurations for each event
- Setup and management of archive and replay systems.
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast production equipment
- Work with broadcast project teams to design and implement new systems.
- Monitor the global acquisition and distribution of signals in IP
- Provide broadcast quality assurance on all content whether live or file based
- Maintenance of RF Ingest Facilities
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Experience in a broadcast environment being confident working under pressure to resolve live broadcast issues.
- Ability to manage broadcast projects and builds.
- A willingness to travel local & worldwide if required and work hours which include weekends & evenings to cover major events.
- An understanding of broadcast systems such as Dataminer, ScheduAll, Evertz, Ross, Grass Valley, Bridgetech, Appear TV and Multicast Transport Streams.
IT'D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Awareness of video standards and compression
- Appreciation of networking and routing
- Experience in server support and maintenance
- Familiar with change management and incident tracking procedures
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com