What's your new role about?
Have you recently started your career in media and want to help change the way the world sees sport? Then come join the team at DAZN.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Post Production Technical Assistant. In this role you will play a key part in the operational team, providing first line support for online and offline editing systems, clients and editors. You will be responsible for basic editing, media management and implementing file-based workflows. As well as this you will be setting up edit suites, GFX stations and Commentary booths, managing the ingest and transcode of media working within a shifted rota system. Technical training will be provided to progress career development.
We are an international company and your English CV is required during the application.
Please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assisting the preparation and setup of offline and online edit suites
- Provide first line operational support for our MAM system and adobe stations
- Provide operational editing assistance to clients
- Capture footage from various sources, transcoding content and adhering to stipulated file-based workflows
- Be responsible for instigating and overseeing the downloading and uploading of content to the DAZN Product
- Support media management needs, including archive processes
- Ensure quality control of digital media encodes and broadcast deliverables
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere editing software and MAM systems
- Experience of dealing with clients in a service environment and being able to communicate technical and non-technical information well
- An understanding of video file formats and codecs is required
- Experience importing, exporting, transcoding, making video and audio mix downs and exporting AAF files
- Confident using PC systems and basic use of Mac and Linux systems
- Good English language skills
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working in sport or an interest in it
SPAIN BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: Production Services
- Internal Job Title: Post Production Technical Assistant
- Reports To (title): Senior Media Manager
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Spain, Madrid
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 5 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in US, Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Spain and Austria on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com