What's your new role about?
If you want to get a foot into the ‘inhouse’ legal world and have dabbled in either the commercial, privacy, media or marketing world, then this role is for you! Join us now and experience an innovative business in an industry that is anything but boring.
Are subscription models, new revenue ventures, and the whole marketing world intriguing to you? How about becoming the key business partner for these teams, providing them with valuable legal guidance on key initiatives in this business field? How about doing this with a global remit with a key focus on our UK and European operations?
As our new Associate Legal Counsel – Consumer, Media, Marketing & Privacy you’ll support our DAZN teams in attracting new subscribers; keeping them engaged with sporting content on DAZN’s platforms; tempting them to engage with other interesting sporting content on other platforms; maximising the opportunity to show them ads and sponsorships that are relevant to them; and respecting and protecting their data and privacy all the while.
Reporting to the Head of Legal (Consumer/Media/Marketing/Privacy & DPO) within DAZN’s global Legal team, your clients will be teams that are focused on delivering on all of those objectives, as DAZN executes its vision to become THE in-market destination platform for sporting content.
With your background in private practice, working directly with clients, you know what it takes to build great relationships with our inhouse clients and legal colleagues, both at Group level but also in our key markets such as Italy, Spain and the DACH region.
So what’s in it for you?
Every day you will have genuine autonomy to analyse legal and practical risks, often involving more than one territory, and to work with and influence your clients to decide case-by-case whether they warrant a full-works analysis and associated bells and whistles, or a no-frills side of A4, or something in between. If the former, you’ll be able to call on a first-class Legal team as well as top-tier external counsel for support; if the latter you’ll have the backing of a General Counsel and Legal colleagues as you distil the real-world risks and decide how best to mitigate them. On privacy matters, you’ll have the support of our superb information security, privacy and compliance teams, and the backing of a business which has the protection of consumer privacy at the core of decision-making.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Associate Legal Counsel, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- You will draft, review and negotiate the terms of sale of DAZN media and advertising inventory, including bespoke arrangements with media agencies, global brands and other sources of digital ad demand.
- You will be responsible for making sure DAZN’s standard media sales terms are up-to-date, in use and enforced.
- You will work closely with media compliance professionals, advertising planners and creatives to ensure that ad media is delivered in accordance with the regulatory requirements of the territory of transmission.
- You will research and advise on DAZN marketing and sponsorship activities of all types, including the full spectrum of CRM and consumer engagement activity, and work closely with Legal colleagues in other territories to ensure compliance.
- You will provide first-line legal support on all aspects of data privacy and protection, with a focus on DAZN subscriber data.
- You will build a relationship of trust with DAZN’s privacy and information security professionals, working with them to advise business stakeholders and the Data Protection Officer on all aspects of data privacy, with a particular focus on subscriber data privacy, and all other aspects of DAZN’s data protection posture including its external published privacy notices and internal policies.
- You will provide legal and strategic advice to business stakeholders who are developing new revenue streams in the e-commerce, crypto-/meta-assets and betting & gaming fields.
- You will collaborate with other members of the DAZN Legal and Finance teams across various disciplines to lend your expertise to wider DAZN projects (e.g. corporate M&A and structuring, tax compliance, technology, product & delivery, rights & broadcast, new markets, intellectual property)
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Around 0-3 years of PQE, having trained at recognised privacy or TMT team, either in private practice or in-house
- Experience of a wide range of commercial contracts, marketing arrangements, and consumer-facing legal collateral
- A working knowledge of the GDPR
- Strong technical legal skills (relative to PQE), especially an ability to draft clearly & concisely and a genuine interest in maintaining and developing those skills
- A highly commercial and constructive approach to complex problems and for risk prevention
- Experience of working on matters with a high degree of autonomy
- The ability to build relationships of trust and confidence with others from a wide range of professional and non-professional disciplines
- A willingness to operate out of your comfort zone and the motivation to play a proactive role in developing DAZN's Legal function
Even better if you have:
- Previous legal experience in relation to digital content delivery and the operation of digital networks, OTT platforms & players, broadcast content production and/or distribution, content acquisition, dispute resolution
- Experience working in, or with legal professionals from, civil law jurisdictions
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.