What's your new role about?
Are you a commercially minded and want to use your background in commercial strategy and innovation to play a critical role in the continued expansion of the world’s most exciting sports streaming service?
At DAZN we newly created our Head of Revenue Strategy position, in which you’ll drive the strategy for revenue growth opportunity for all DAZN markets and services. You’ll be highly commercial and have your fingers on the pulse of the business. With your curiosity you will understand the similarities and differences across all our markets and turn these into revenue opportunities.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
Act as a strategic advisor to the Advertising, Commercial Premises and new Ancillary revenue teams and the Revenue Leadership team with a focus on sustainable revenue growth
Key commercial strategy role for the growth of non-subscription revenues with a pipeline of new products to reach ambitious growth targets:
Strategic Support to the Subscription team
- Work closely with the Subscription team to evolve our approach to measuring key KPIs as new additional revenue streams are launched or evolved ranging from cohort-based Lifetime Value, cross-sell and upsell opportunity
- Support the subscription revenue with strategic projects to maintain the growth of the core subscription business in the coming years
Strategic Support to the Advertising team
- Support the advertising team in the planning and execution of reaching multi-million annual revenues from DAZN markets in the next 2 years
- Own evolution of the key metrics to encompass all customer impacting elements and business revenue/cost streams, inclusion of new revenue streams over time
- Act as the main interface between the Data Science team and the rest of the Advertising teams to continue building new models and reporting structures
Strategic Support to the Commercial Premises team
- Support the Commercial Premises team to convert the current nascent, primarily outsourced, business into a scalable direct new business reaching large subscribers’ numbers globally
- Explore how DAZN can leverage the power of OTT new business models to replace the current broadcast approach and create new, innovative business models tailored for commercial premises
- Define the operational key success metrics for the commercial premises area and embed these into the day to day mindset of the wider Commercial Premises business
- Operationalise our strategic company direction and the key KPIs in the Commercial Premises area to assess how this can support our subscription business and alignment
Strategic Support to the Revenue Innovation team
- DAZN has a significant customer base and brand reach and awareness, creating opportunities for new revenue innovation and growth
- Support the Revenue Innovation team to investigate potential ideas, prepare business cases and develop a joint recommendation for new revenue generating investments
- Support the strategy process from Market Research to business case to launch planning for Revenue Opportunities approved by our Executive Committee for detailed investigation
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Experience of valuing broad types of content, including sports and other media
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, economic and P&L modelling and forecasting, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Strong analytical capabilities with a track record of strategic development and implementation planning
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of the immediate team to deliver preferred outcomes
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the sports media and adjacent industries
- Highly commercial, numerate with a high level of analytical skills
- Proven experience of recruiting, building and coaching a team of analysts
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Entrepreneurial mindset with great leadership skills
- Willing to listen, try new ideas with a test, learn and adjust mentality
- Department: Revenue Management
- Internal Job Title: Head of Revenue Strategy
- Reports To (title): SVP Revenue Management
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, United Kingdom
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.