What's your new role about?
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
Are you familiar with digital transformations? Have you ever worked with hybrid cloud systems? Do you feel a leader ready to empower your team?
As a Principal Architect with the DAZN (pronounced “Da Zone”) Team you will work within the Architecture department, taking on the responsibility of design and development of DAZN Media platforms, integrating with a large number of 3rd party providers.
You will have proven ability with working with stakeholders to establish their requirements and designing and implementing the architecture, taking the technical leadership of distributed teams of software architects, ensuring that the result is reliable, scalable, performant and secure.
You will responsible for the digital transformation of the Media division on the journey from on-premises to cloud (AWS).
You will provide a consultative and collaborative approach to architectures designed and created by your team.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Technical skills
- Demonstrable experience of leading and delivering successful high availability, high quality, high performance architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies
- Strong experience with designing and developing secure web portals on AWS
- Extensive and in-depth experience with designing systems that handle user data, including the associated regulations.
- Knowledge of supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting live systems
- Knowledge of with Cloud based systems, in particular AWS, Docker, ECS and Microservices
- Proven experience with developing consumer facing cross-platform web application
- Experience of defining architectural standards within the organization
- Experience with designing and documenting solutions using industry standard methodologies
- Experience with developing in Node.js, PHP or Java against SQL/NoSQL systems
- Demonstrable experience of digital transformation moving systems from on-prem to cloud
- Ability to consider multiple stakeholders requirements in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate and influence C-Level stakeholders
- Experience of leading distributed teams across different timezones (some travel required)
- Experience of leading multiple projects concurrently
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
- Experience with Servereless paradigm
- Experience on designing event streaming architectures
- Experience with CMS and CRMs
- Experience designing highly scalable systems
- Experience in designing and deploying with Docker
- Experience in designing hybrid cloud system
Here's a little more about us…
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/