What's your new role about?
Do you live and breathe sports, obsessing on social media about the latest rights tender or evolving media consumption trends? With your experience in a media research role from a TV, media or sports related background, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to advance your career with one of the world’s leading sports broadcasters. You’ll need to understand our audiences, market landscape, sports and OTT trends and you’ll be passionate about telling stories using impactful insights, data and accompanying graphics to drive your narrative.
As part of DAZN’s Strategy division, you’ll utilise your in-depth understanding of the sports rights landscape and media consumption trends to help shape the strategic decisions for the service and provide invaluable support to our wider teams across the whole of DAZN.
Day to day, you will support a number of stakeholders from around the world, reporting to the VP of Commercial Research & Intelligence, whilst ensuring the wider team is kept aware of key information relating to sports media rights acquisition, audience consumption trends, competitor activity and broader industry news. You will regularly present to the senior DAZN Strategy team whereby you will gain valuable experience and have many opportunities to learn and progress.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Help to manage a wide range of time-critical, ad-hoc requests (e.g. sports consumption trends, ratings analysis, competitor activity, research of future potential markets and interrogation of media rights values)
- Compilation of subscription industry developments and market intelligence reports
- Analysis of competitor products across Broadcast, Digital & Rights
- Making recommendations to senior management relating to market entry strategies and new business opportunities
- Overseeing the output of more junior team members
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strong analytical and numerical aptitude and ability to draw conclusions, with a high-level proficiency of working with Excel and Office 365
- Proactive, passionate & highly organised and capable of resolving issues quickly
- Demonstrate an obsessive passion for sports and be inquisitive about evolving media consumption trends
- Passion and curiosity for numbers, TV and online businesses, emerging platforms and global media developments.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Experience of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as working both independently and contributing to a dynamic team environment
- Quick learner, intellectually curious and tech-savvy
- Detail-oriented – must be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, have experience with large data sets and high personal standards for quality, accuracy and thoroughness
- Department: Commercial Research & Intelligence
- Job Title: Research Manager
- Reports To: VP of Commercial Research & Intelligence
- Career Level: CL3
- Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.