What's your new role about?
DAZN produces world class content across the globe. A key market is Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH) with a rights portfolio that includes Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, La Liga, NFL, NBA and many more sports.
With regional PCR, transmission and production facilities linked to a global technical infrastructure; DACH Production Operations is at the heart of delivering live and non-live content to our viewers. We are looking for an exceptional leader for the Munich-based Production Operations team with the passion and conviction to make DAZN the number one destination for sports fans.
Working with top tier sports rights, highly creative content makers and talented tech teams will provide you opportunities to show you are an innovative, creative and effective operations leader. The goals that you set your team will deliver the goals seen on the screen. If you want to captain the winning team then this role is for you.
As part of the DACH Production and Operations senior leadership team, you will set and deliver strategies and initiatives that meet operational and financial targets and contribute to the overall success of the DACH market. You will lead a team of operations subject matter experts; providing them the support, direction and development that enables an inclusive, collaborative and efficient work culture.
Senior Stakeholder Management will be crucial to the success of this role. Identifying, monitoring and improving relationships with key internal and external stakeholders will require communication and organisational skills of the highest level.
With regional PCR, post-production, transmission and live production facilities linked to a global technical infrastructure you will deliver live and non-live sports content of the highest quality whilst demonstrating operational cost effectiveness and efficiency.
This role will be based in Munich.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new VP Production Operations DACH (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide operational delivery of live and non-live content in the DACH territory aligned to a strategy that contributes to the success and profitability of the business.
- Be the principal stakeholder for Production Operations and with the senior leadership team will capture territory strategy requirements & plan for Operations contribution to revenue efficiency & growth.
- Align closely with territory Production & Editorial teams to understand the editorial vision then plan, deliver and govern workflows which meet their expectation.
- Lead a PCR, Linear Channel, Post Production and Operational Resourcing team that understands requirements, is responsive, reliable and accountable to internal and external clients with a service-led ‘can do’ culture.
- Maintain accurate budgets; tracking and reporting actual spend against forecasts and accounting for any variance.
- Align closely with commercial, partnership, marketing and advertising teams to deliver operational solutions that maximise revenue opportunities.
- Negotiate, manage and review contracts and relationships with key third-party suppliers ensuring maximum cost efficiency and that service levels are monitored and maintained.
- Recruit, train and develop a team that shares and exemplifies the DAZN values.
- Ensure that territory operations are aligned to the global Operations, Technology and commercial strategies contributing to business profitability and success.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience in a broadcast production, technology and operations environment at a senior level
- Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of broadcast technologies and workflows
- A strong understanding of broadcast content production and the needs of content makers
- An understanding of the commercial world of broadcast sports partnerships and advertising
- Experience of budget management and reporting
- The ability to confidently and effectively communicate to diverse groups and individuals across the globe
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and able to assess, explain and eliminate issues quickly and clearly
- Previous people management experience
- Demonstrable experience of being a team player and leading by example
- Experience of stakeholder management in a broadcast environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in German and in English
Even better if you have:
- Experience in an OTT broadcast environment
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.