What's your new role about?
Are you an experienced finance professional keen to get involved with Germany’s most exciting sports streaming service? We have already changed the way fans consume sport. DAZN broadcasts Germany’s leading sports content, including Bundesliga, Champions League, NFL, La Liga, Handball, Darts and much more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercial and passionate individual with a background in commercial finance to play a critical role in the continued expansion of DAZN. The role will be a key part of our market management team and the most senior finance professional partnering with the CEO for DACH. Working from our Munich office, you will lead the market finance team and be primarily responsible for managing the financial performance of the region, enabling effective decision making across the P&L.
This role will be based in Munich.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new VP Finance DACH (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- P&L ownership of the DACH Region, including managing opportunities, risks & trade offs to ensure the business remains within the parameters of its long-term plan
- Be a key member of DAZN’s regional management team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play a leading role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all areas of the Regional P&L (including subscription, betting, advertising, marketing and content)
- Prepare regional quarterly forecasts and annual budgets across the P&L and operating cash flows (including challenging / obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs & KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers & reporting / interpreting actual results
- Be the Finance owner & Regional expert on all commercial contracts, large scale Distribution deals & Rights agreements
- Prepare & present monthly financial reviews for regional and central stakeholders, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights
- Prepare board and management presentations that include a holistic overview of financial performance
- Influence and assist regional management with respect to evaluating, negotiating and contracting new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- Play a lead role in the establishment and maintenance of a strong culture of governance and control across the business
- Collaborate with senior leadership in modelling pricing, proposition and offers
- Work closely with Group Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance / other management stakeholders impacting the P&L including cash-flow management and provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet)
- Be the key point of contact on local German, Austria and Swiss tax, governance & reporting requirements, working closely with Global tax & legal teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Senior finance professional with experience operating in senior finance positions
- Experience partnering with senior executives on key strategic decisions, for example influencing major partner deal negotiations or product pricing recommendations
- Proven ability to thrive in multifaceted environment under short timelines & changing priorities
- Proven experience of managing & motivating a hardworking group of ambitious finance analysts / business partners to deliver effective business partnering to multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross functionally & establish strong relationships
- Experience in a subscription business with a detailed understanding of acquisition, churn and ARPU metrics
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset with great leadership skills
- Awareness & understanding of off and on-line marketing methodologies
- Excellent financial modelling, quantitative & data analysis skills
- Fluent in German & English
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.