What's your new role about?
Do you want to work for a company that delivers quality sports content to millions of customers on a daily basis? Whilst working in a tight-knit, innovative team?.
DAZN (pronounced Da-Zone) is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Engineer to join the Transmission Engineering team .
Senior Transmission Engineers supervise across our Transmission engineering team. This team is primarily focussed on providing engineering support to our playout operation of multiple live OTT events and Linear channels. This role will predominately be giving support to the on-shift teams, assigning work tasks, acting as a central point of technical escalation for internal and external stakeholders during incidents. They will be required to have in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure that supports the live delivery of video content to the OTT platform.
They will work across the platform, helping to make improvements to process and workflows. They will work on fault finding, documentation and reporting to drive all aspects of continual service improvement. Training of colleagues to improve the support of the product is also required.
The Senior Engineers work a shift and on call rota to ensure support of is given 365 days a year to the business. The Senior shift works flexibly with working from home, some weekend work and the occasional overnight work, but night shifts are not a part of the regular Senior Engineer Rota.
DAZN is a digital leader in sports media, and we are constantly growing. We’ve secured some major sports contracts from Matchroom Boxing to the Women’s Champions League and the Serie A, as well as launching some huge partnerships with Youtube and Snapchat. Recently a job role has come available in our Transmission team, meaning that we need a Senior Engineer to join the group and have an impact on millions of daily users. We regularly promote internally so this is a wonderful place to start in your DAZN career. We are also proud that despite the workload, we try and keep a relatively relaxed atmosphere in the transmission room.
If you believe you have the characteristics that we are looking for here at DAZN, get in touch and we can organise an interview!
As our new Senior Transmission Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Support engineering and operational teams to achieve a high standard of output.
- Manage and monitor broadcast IP channel output and the supporting infrastructure.
- Develop and oversee the maintenance schedule of transmission and associated equipment.
- Follow best practice and procedure on internal and external ticketing systems.
- Work with the live engineering project team and network team on future progression of the platform and systems
- Review issues and ensuring faults are investigated for continual service improvement.
- Be the main point of technical escalation and fault management for issues within the facility.
- Process and workflow improvements to meet the changing demands of the company
- Liaise with ingest, MCR and other engineering teams to uphold signal continuity
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Knowledge or experience of transmission systems, broadcast systems, contribution & distribution encoding technology and understanding of satellite and fibre circuits.
- A hands-on approach to all elements of the work and will want to be part of an enthusiastic team that are constantly striving to improve and develop for the company
- The desire to take a level of responsibility for output
- Experience with broadcast playout systems including GFX, logo and text insertion alongside broadcast contribution encoding techniques and high level fault analysis skills
- Experience in management of IP Transport Stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks)
- An awareness of current OTT encoding technologies.
- Networking and Routing knowledge.
- Satellite Communications and Digital Video Compression.
- Solid background in satellite and fibre contribution signals
- Experience with broadcast production facility glue infrastructure.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Monitoring and Automation Tools (Dataminer).
- Experience of scheduling Tools (ScheduAll).
- Coding and software development experience
- Content Delivery Network knowledge or experience
- Experience or knowledge of Cloud based systems/workflows (AWS)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.