What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as a Transmission Controller.
The role will require broadcasting various live sports events, fault free, to the OTT platform. Managing communications between all our global production facilities as well as direct communications with the OTT platform.
It is a dynamic environment, and also rewarding, within a mix of traditional broadcast and new media workflows. If you have the ability to work as a team in a busy, ‘live’ department and to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this is the role for you.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Execute scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time.
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of Transmission.
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules.
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production).
- Provide first line support of all Transmission services and equipment.
- Ability to pre-empt all possible faults and have a plan ready if any of these faults occur.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation, preferably in a live sports environment. Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems.
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processed of moving around in IP.
- Working on live sports events in a broadcasting environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Have technical and operational experience with broadcast equipment, including, routers, waveform monitors, graphics engines, etc.
- Working with new media, encoding and streaming technologies.
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.