What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as a Transmission Controller.
The role will require broadcasting various live sports events, fault free, to the OTT platform. Managing communications between all our global production facilities as well as direct communications with the OTT platform.
It is a dynamic environment, and also rewarding, within a mix of traditional broadcast and new media workflows. If you have the ability to work as a team in a busy, ‘live’ department and to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this is the role for you.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Execute scheduled live events to ensure exact content is broadcast at the correct time.
- Monitoring and quality control of all signals in and out of Transmission.
- Loading, preparation and transmission of daily playout schedules.
- Ensuring all scheduled media is available for playout each day and communication with the relevant channels if anything is missing/incorrect (eg graphics or production).
- Provide first line support of all Transmission services and equipment.
- Ability to pre-empt all possible faults and have a plan ready if any of these faults occur.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working in transmission with knowledge of file based media preparation, preferably in a live sports environment. Operational and technical experience with broadcast automation systems.
- A good understanding of IP protocols and familiar with the technologies and processed of moving around in IP.
- Working on live sports events in a broadcasting environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Have technical and operational experience with broadcast equipment, including, routers, waveform monitors, graphics engines, etc.
- Working with new media, encoding and streaming technologies.
- Familiarity with file delivery workflows.
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.