What's your new role about?
Lead marketing performance management for the Japan market for the leading global sport streaming service. You will be responsible for performance measurement, insight-based planning and investment decisioning in marketing within your territory.
You will partner with the local marketing leadership team and central marketing functions to add marketing context to business performance. You will lead weekly, monthly and quarterly market performance reviews ensuring that key stakeholders across the business have a clear view on marketing performance, drivers of over/under performance and potential areas for improvement.
You will work with our marketing analytics and research functions to ensure that we use the full potential of our data to understand and improve performance. You will also work with other regional performance managers to identify new insight and analytics solutions to be developed in future.
You will collaborate closely with the central digital media team to ensure we are allocating media budgets across channels effectively. You will work with central and local partnership teams to ensure you provide an overall view of DAZN performance across direct and wholesale channels.
You will act as the key point of contact with finance teams to forecast marketing budgets and performance for up to 12 months ahead.
As part of this role, you will be expected to travel for up to 1 week every month to your market.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Act as the key point of contact for marketing performance within your market.
- Use data to develop insights and identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Lead the marketing planning process and regular reporting for your market to marketing, partnership and finance teams
- Act as the local advocate for our planning, analytics and research tools – demonstrating their value and identifying actions from these insights
- Work closely with our central digital media team to ensure we are allocating budgets correctly to the right channels and that RoAS is in line with agreed levels.
- Maintain an accurate forecast of performance and investments for up to 12 months for each market. Then liaise with finance to ensure that this is reflected in the marketing budget.
- Create a testing plan for key marketing channels along with tangible KPIs to improve performance
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject.
- +4 years’ experience in a marketing performance management, reporting or planning.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment
- A strong understanding of digital media
- Comfortable translating analytical outputs in marketing actions
- Knowledge of local market
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Worked in a pure play digital subscription business
- Experience using econometrics and other advanced media measurement outputs for planning
- Department: Marketing
- Internal Job Title: Regional Performance Manager
- Reports To: Head of Marketing Performance
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Tokyo, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in vending machine
- Free access to DAZN (live or on-demand sports streaming service) on a daily basis
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.