What's your new role about?
The Architecture team is responsible for the end-to-end architecture of the DAZN OTT platform. This role is a great opportunity to work on all the components of a next generation cloud-based broadcasting platform, ranging from customer acquisition, retention, content security and distribution.
As a Solution Architect you will be working on architecture design for larger tech initiatives that touch multiple systems throughout the platform. The team culture is very focused on delivery. Solution design is not limited to the drawing of the designs but also involves the active support of the development and project teams until delivery. Building good relations with the development teams is a big part of the day-to-day work. Your interactions with these teams will be a two-way flow of knowledge and collaboration.
This role is full-time, based in our Hyderabad, India office, 5 days a week WFO.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 24 days’ leave, annual performance-related bonus, best in class medical insurance, learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our Dazn OTT app for free, internal speaker series and events.
As our new Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and deliver architectures for initiatives that span across multiple platform systems.
- Work on all the aspects of a modern OTT platform.
- Challenge existing architecture and drive change wherever needed by managing established views and ways of working.
- Work independently and use your initiative to drive the delivery of your designs and architecture.
- Create concepts and documentation for new solutions and changes to existing systems.
- Work closely with product and delivery teams to ensure the systems we build are delivered and conform to our architecture principles and standards.
- Design architectures using industry-standard methodologies and present to stakeholders.
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders.
- Anticipate, and investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Proven experience of being inquisitive, adaptable and a results driven individual with 6+ years' experience in similar role.
- Excellent documenting skills using industry-standard methodologies.
- Proficiency in the development lifecycle of services in one or more programming languages (NodeJS, Java, Python, Go etc.), and core knowledge of Databases.
- Experience in steering through a high level of ambiguity by identifying key technical problems to prioritize.
- Skills that are Technically strong, solution-oriented with significant experience working with both third-party suppliers and in-house solutions
- A Proven track record of solving complex technology and business problems.
- Ability to understand complex business processes, practices and approaches.
- Deep understanding of technology applications and architecture stacks within monetisation platform/ content management/metadata/broadcast systems
- Ability to communicate complex problems to all audiences.
- Proven experience designing and developing large scale, complex, loosely coupled, high-performance architectures involving many moving parts, Microservices and Event-driven architecture.
- Knowledge of Cloud-based systems preferably AWS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have:
- Experience in customer identity and access management.
- Experience with direct and third party payment providers.
- Worked with multiple external vendors and have a good understanding of content security.
- Worked with scrum and similar methodologies and have worked on user stories and epics.
- Experience working on OR with direct and third-party payment providers.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.