What's your new role about?
DAZN is looking for highly motivated and passionate engineers to join the Transmission Engineering team. This role will be predominately supporting DAZN broadcast infrastructure and operational teams to deliver live sports content at a high standard to consumers on multiple platforms.
The Transmission Support engineers will deal with broadcast IP signal distribution to clients, ensure quality and continuity of the service across multiple channels. The transmission support engineers will act as first line support for equipment and proactively troubleshoot issues and escalate to other teams as required. You will help ensure the successful delivery of linear and non-linear content on to DAZN global OTT platforms and to external broadcasters.
The role is ideal for Network Engineers looking to build upon their skills in an environment heavily focused on video broadcast or Broadcast Engineers wanting to improve their knowledge of IP delivered video. Building on experience in this role can provide future progression opportunities within the wider engineering department.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Monitoring of the transmission playout systems and associated systems.
- Manage and monitor live broadcast baseband and IP feeds.
- Support operational staff to achieve a high standard of production.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of channel outputs to CDN partners.
- Liaison with ingest, MCR and 2nd line support teams.
- Adopt best practice with regard to streaming media and broadcast technologies.
- Provide regular maintenance of broadcast playout and related production equipment.
- Follow best practice and procedure on internal and external ticketing systems.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the live encoding and video transcoding equipment for file ingest into the playout equipment.
- Attending meetings with team leaders and senior engineers to improve process and instructional guidance documentation.
- Communication with 3rd parties to support the operation.
- Provide broadcast quality assurance on all content whether live or file based
- Promote a safe working environment to uphold Health and Safety standards
- This is a shift based role supporting DAZN operation 24/7 365 days a year.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience working as an engineer in an IT based media environment
- Good level of Windows server support and networking technical knowledge
- Broadcast playout, associated technologies, workflows and broadcast standards
- Broadcast Contribution Encoding techniques and high level fault analysis
- Experience in management of IP Transport Stream contribution (Multicast, Unicast Networks)
- IP Multicast Networking, routing and fibre contribution
- Understanding of Transport Stream Analysis tools.
- Broadcast production facility ‘glue’ Infrastructure.
- Confidence working under pressure to resolve issues during live broadcasts
- A willingness to travel to attend training and other DAZN facilities may be required.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualisation technologies
- Awareness of current OTT encoding technologies.
- Satellite Communications
- Automation Tools (Dataminer).
- Scheduling Tools (ScheduAll).
- Coding and software development experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of Network technologies i.e. Switches, Routers etc
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.